Prologue: Finding Frozen

P r o l o g u e

"Sir!" A stern voice echoed through the comm link. It sounded both excited and serious. On the other side of the link, a man with chocolate brown skin and an eyepatch over his left eye looks over the controls at his base. He abruptly stood up and placed a finger to his comm link and spoke with anticipation.

"Have you allocated him?" There was a small pause before an answer came back to him.

"Sir? We did." The man hummed in gratitude, but that was not all. "Oh, and we found something worth looking at." This piqued his interest, even in the slightest.

"Fill me in."

"It seems to be a glowing cube. No one has any idea what it is, so we retrieved it. Apparently, it was sunken down just like Captain America here." The man began to pace the length of the room. Agents who work there did not take notice, for they were on duty. He pondered for a moment before he began to speak again.

"Bring both in immediately." He stopped and looked out at those who are working in the bridge. They did seem pretty diligent and loyal to work, but that was another story to tell.

"Yes, Nick, sir. On my way."

"Don't be late, Agent Reyes." There was a chuckle on the other side.

"Just call me Lillian, Nicholas; just Lillian."

"As you say, just Lillian." With that, he ended the conversation.

In less than an hour, the hellicarrier was filled with Quinn jets. Agents filed out,rushing to a particular one that holds both a frozen captain, and the cube. Nick looked at both as he arrived, eyeing them. His thoughts swirled about. He lightly shook his head and glanced over at the agent who was in control of the mission: Lilliana Reyes.

"Agent." He curtsied a head nod and she did as well. Other agents began to busy themselves. Both top agents eyed the cube.

"It's dangerous." He retorted, huffing through his nose.

"I know what you're thinking," Lilliana bluntly states. "You're wanting to make a weapon out of that." Nick nodded. "But I know you wouldn't do that unless as a last resort. So, tell me, why care about Captain America? What's he got to do with this mission?" It was the first time in a very long time she has demanded so much answers from him.

"I will explain later." She nodded, turning to the blue cube.

"At least fill me in on what that thing is." Her eyes gazed in wonder at the marvelous blue cube.

"That, Agent Reyes, is the tesseract." A new voice filled the air. Both Nick and Lillian turned around to face another agent, Phil Coulson. He wore his usual black suit, a small smile plastered on his face.

"And what do you suppose it does?" Lillian returned her gaze back the tesseract. It intruiged her how such thing landed in the ocean. There must have been something going on when Captain America fell into the ocean, but there was no proof to know what exactly is happening.

"That is yet to be found out." Nick ended the conversation. A silence bled through the atmosphere of the three. None stating anything, until Nick let out a command. "Agent Reyes, you will be on duty watching over Captain. Agent Coulson, come with me." Sadness glinted at the agent's eyes, but they soon went away as he nodded to the director, following him inside.

Lilliana was on babysitter duty. She looked over at the frozen super soldier who was now being taken away to one of the labs to be melted. A sigh escaped her lips. Something fishy is going on, and she has yet to find out what it was.