Maybe Someday (part 3)

Rhett finally pulled away. He stood up and said, "We need to go back to the studio for Good Mythical Morning."

"We just shared this intimate moment and that's all you have to say?" Link questioned.

"Link, I'm very sorry but I can't do this to Jessie. Or you. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize what I have with her. I just want to forget that all of this happened so-"

"You want to forget what happened?"

"No, no, I just don't want there to be any tension between us. I don't want to think of this kiss everytime I look at you."

At this time Link was looking like a sad, lost puppy. All Rhett could think to do is to wrap his arms around his best friend to comfort him.

"Hey," Rhett said as he sat down next to Link, surrounding his albatross appendages around him.

"I know that we have some... uh... implications to this situation. I wish I could stay here forever holding you like this." Link looked up with tears forming in his eyes. Rhett continued, "Please don't cry. We have to be strong." Rhett was now getting a lump in his throat. "C'mon, let's go." Rhett said softly, motioning Link to follow.

They walked down the stairs, out the front door, and into Rhett's car. They talked about how things were going to be like at the studio.

They arrived and Rhett got out but Link stayed slumped in his seat, staring at the dashboard. Rhett didn't know if he should go into the studio or go back to talk to Link. He looked at the studio then back at Link. Rhett decided to walk back to Link's car door and began to speak.

"Hey Link, we don't have to do this today, I'll just-"

"NO!" Link cut him off short. "I can DO this!" He opened the door, bumping into Rhett. He watched Link the entire time he got out of the car. By the time he was out, Rhett and Link were face to face. They stared into eachothers eyes with a burning desire. They leaned in to form a kiss when all of a sudden,

"HEY!" Someone yelled in their direction.