The Perfect Life (part 1)

It had been only two years since we graduated from Harvard. He was a lawyer. I, a professor for undergraduates. Our life began well. We settled in the suburbs and built a home big enough for just the two of us. He received a job offer shortly after our move, while I remained at our home for quite some time. I aimed to be the perfect wife. The house was always clean. Meals were always cooked, and I pleased his needs.

"Good morning baby. " I said to Xavier. I rolled over and rested my head and hand on his bare chest.

He put his arm around my back and kissed my forehead. "Good morning Ebony."

"Breakfast is ready. " I got up and slid my robe on. "Would you like for me to bring it to you? "

"No Ebony I'll grab it on my way out. "

I proceeded to the bathroom to shower before work. I looked in the mirror. I no longer looked like the young freshman girl in college. My waist wasn't as slim. Of course it had been seven years since I graduated from college. But, I guess I expected more at 26. I dropped my robe. My skin didn't shine like it use too.

Xavier interrupts Ebony in the bathroom and walks behind her.

Xavier placed his arms around me and kissed my cheek. "What are you doing in here? " he rocked me from side to side.

I smile grew across my face. "I'm going to take a shower." I said.

"Well can I take one with you? " He asked me smoothly.

I turned around to face him.

"If you promise to undress me." I looked at him with concupiscence in my eyes.

I placed my hands on his shoulders. He grabbed me from below and placed me on the sink. It felt good to be in his hands. To be held by my lover. He always knew how to get to me. He kissed my neck softly. Wrapping my legs around his waist he picked me up once again and carried me into the shower. Everything slowed. I watched the water drip and twinkle off his shoulders and onto mine. He stared at me with passion as I melted in his arms. He grabbed the soap and massaged me. Placing me against the shower glass I felt him kiss down my spine. My man was taking care of me. We enjoyed our intimacy together, though it was short lived. He had a job to go to. I had one as well. We dressed together in front of the mirror each day. He always had trouble tying his tie, so I would fix it for him.

"Do you know what time you'll be back? "

He adjusted his collar. "No baby. The guys at the firm want to get drinks tonight." He put on his watch and wedding ring. I smiled to myself. This was assurance. Xavier wore his commitment proudly around his colleagues. "You don't have anything to worry about Ebony."

I had been to the firm only a few times. Once I bought him muffins. Another time he had left his phone or had forgotten his watch. Not only were there men at his workplace, but women as well. Most of them were secretaries or office assistants. But, there were a few female lawyers just as powerful as the men. Of course I didn't see those women as competition, but that didn't mean I wouldn't remind him of who he belonged too.

"I look okay? " He took one more glance in mirror.

"You always look handsome." I walked closer to him kissing him on the cheek. "Babe the Bimmer isn't driving like it should. Do you mind driving it today. I have to run a couple errands later on."

"No Ebony. I don't mind I'll get it looked at. " He returned my kiss and left for work.