[ 21 ] rude awakening

Skylar

The door to the bar swiftly shot open and a frail thin man stumbled out, holding his lip in the process. I step back as he falls to the ground, coughing and spitting out blood on the concrete. I hear him curse under his breath harshly. "That...stupid...fucker," he huffed out.

The sound of wood smashing against the ground diverted my attention from the bleeding man before me. I step into the bar quietly, staring at all the chaos that was occurring. Loud voices bellowed through the air and glass breaking highlighted the background. Large, bulky men stood around, some of their faces nonchalant while others were completely angry.

I step closer, trying to find the one person I am looking for but all I can hear is shouting.

"Fuck you!" A random voiced yelled. The voice was coming from the center of the crowd. "Fuck y--" before the guy could finish his sentence, something seemed to have knocked him off trace and by the sounds of the harsh 'ohs' and 'uhs' I could tell that whatever happened to him wasn't pleasant.

"You shut the fuck up, you...you...little piece of shit!" I literally freeze as I heard his voice. His voice almost made me cringe. It was a mixture between slurred foolishness and a malicious tone. Tristan's voice never sounded like that.

I push myself through the crowd, uncomfortable gaining a few looks from the large men that stood around. I shrugged off their strange looks and continued to dip my way through.

Once I got to a clear opening, a gasp is released from my mouth as the scene before me unfolds. His usually strong squared shoulders are now slumped a little. His back is to me and I can see how tense he is.  He has a guy in his grasps, holding him by his collar while his first is beating his fast senselessly. It seems as if everyone is just looking around, enjoying the entertainment that Tristen was giving them.

But not me.

I wasn't enjoying this one bit.

It boggles my mind that his behavior could change so soon. Just this morning we were all perfectly fine. Well, not perfectly fine, but we got ourselves together and we were okay. He was good and so was I. But now, seeing him like this made me confused. It had been just a few hours ago that I last saw him and now, he was two seconds away from giving the guy in his clutches his fifth punch thus far.

The guys were still roaring like animals while others were probably waiting for their turn to have a go at it with Tristen.

But I wouldn't allow that. He didn't need to have to walk around with a busted lip and bruises on his face for a few weeks. And constantly having bloody knuckles would get annoying after a while.

What Tristen needs to do is stop fighting, get his butt in the car so I can take him home. I'm not even sure how he got here and frankly, I hardly believe I'll get any answers from him tonight.

Having enough of this remake of WWE, I step out, pushing past a beefy man. "Tristen!" I hollered. "Tristen, let's go!" I scream, hoping that he could hear me over all the loud noises.

But he hadn't. He hadn't heard me and right now, he was drawing his fist out again to punch the guy again.

"Ugh!" I muttered. Slipping past a few more guys, I finally make it to him just before he can punch the guy again. The view of this mans face this close makes me want to run out of there and literally call the cops on Tristen myself. But I know I can't do that. It wouldn't be right.