Chapter 37 - Hatred

"Thank you for today guys, it was awesome."

Rhett and Link both smiled. We were out at dinner with both of their families. It was quite nice actually.

"No problem Super-Cooper. Glad you had a good time." Link said. I blushed.

"How was your day kids?" Rhett asked the other children.

Lily and Locke mumbled something along the lines of 'good' and 'fine'. Lincoln, Shepherd and Lando were a little more enthusiastic about their answers, although they said the same thing as their older siblings.

"Well that's good." Christy said.

The adults continued to initiate small talk between themselves, which left me talking to Locke and Lily, who were sitting next to me.

"So...how was school?" I asked, trying to make some conversation.

Locke scowled at me. "Fine, thanks."

I put my hands up in surrender. "I'm just asking, seriously."

"Yeah, right. Like you'd ask about that if you WEREN'T going to be making fun of us." Lily snapped.

I sighed. "I'm being serious guys. I just want to get along. Please."

Lily looked almost convinced, but Locke just scoffed.

"Right, because you move into someone's home, make them give up their bedroom so they have to move in with their idiot brother, and then continue to be an attention suck because you want to be FRIENDS." Locke snarled.

"I didn't know..." I stammered. "You can have it back if you want."

"Yeah, and like my Dad's going to agree to that. You're like the perfect kid to him. I bet he'd keep you instead of me if he had the choice." Locke snapped.

"Locke, he's your father. I'm pretty sure that's not true."

"Oh it is. He prefers you because you're like, perfect. You do what you're told, and volunteer to help my Mom out. Your hobbies are actually outside and not on the computer, like me. He thinks what I do all day is stupid. I thought of all the people in the world, HE would understand that people can actually make money by doing video games! He's a YouTuber for gods sakes! And the fact that you like, actually like his videos and watch them and stuff...it's no wonder that he likes you better."

"Please, just, I don't want you to hate me. What do you want me to do?" I asked him sincerely.

"Get out of my house." He snarled finally.

"Food's here!" Link called. The waitress came around and delivered everybody's food. It tasted pretty good, but I couldn't get my mind off of what Locke had said.

"Everything okay?" Rhett asked me after a while.

I twisted the fork in the bowl of pasta. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Rhett didn't look convinced. "You sure?"

"Yeah, totally."

"Well, if it's not, you know you can always talk to me."

I half-smiled and nodded. Rhett patted my shoulder and went back to his meal.

We finished dinner, and Rhett drove us home. It wasn't that late, so we all sat down on the couch to watch a movie. Locke and Jessie wanted to watch 'San Andreas' while Shepherd and I wanted to watch 'Oddball'.

"Alright, well, it comes down to you Rhett." Jessie said with a warm smiled.

"I think I'm on team Oddball." Rhett said. Shepherd giggled and cheered.