Chapter Five

I'm taking the clothes and food to the poor again, but I left Frigga with Thor today in case I need to protect myself. Surprisingly, I don't hear anyone following me. Suddenly, I hear a noise behind me and a hand clasps down on my mouth. I bite the hand and almost break my teeth. Damn Asgardians and their damn strength.

I flail around, trying to get out of their grip. I finally get loose and turn around, ready to fight. The person in front of me stuns me. He's at least nine feet tall and has purple skin. He has a nasty grin on his face and it occurs to me that I can't take him on. I try to run away, but he appears in front of me.

I scream, but barely get anything out before his hand is clasped over my mouth again. Suddenly, I'm not in Asgard anymore. It's dark and rocky here. I thought I'd been through a lot with S.H.I.E.L.D., but I've never been kidnapped. He brings me inside a stone building and takes me into an interrogation-type room.

A/N
This chapter gets pretty violent after this point, so if you don't like violence, I'd suggest skipping this chapter. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

"Who are you?" I ask angrily.

"You don't know me? That oaf Thor never mentioned me?" he laughs.

"No, who are you?"

"I'm Thanos and you have something I want," he replies.

"What is it?"

"The Infinity Stones," he answers.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any, nor do I know where any are."

I don't even see his hand move, but my head jerks to the side. "You will treat me with respect!"

The pain radiates all over my face and throughout my body. I nod and look at the ground.

"Where is the Tesseract?" Thanos yells.

"I don't know, you think the Queen knows everything that goes on?"

He hits me in the same spot as before. I can feel the swelling beginning. I put my hand to my cheek and feel the cheekbone jutting out. It's not through the skin, but it's definitely broken.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, where is the Tesseract?" his yell echoes off the stone walls. 

"I don't know! The Tesseract was brought here before I came along. I've never seen it in person. I swear on my mother's life."

Thanos hits me one more time and leaves the room, slamming the door. Some time later, a hideous creature comes in and chains me to the wall by my arms. Thanos only hit one side of my face, but my whole face hurts. The pain is almost unbearable. I think my jaw is broken, too. It'll heal soon, I hope.

I pass out from the pain and wake up to the creature unshackling me from the wall. He throws me to the ground and Thanos comes back in. He pulls out a shiny knife and starts asking about the Mind Stone. I know nothing of it, I only know that the being the Avengers met has it. And I don't know where it is.

Thanos puts the knife back, but I know he's far from being done. I don't even beg because I know that won't stop him. The hits are almost unbearable, but I can't let him see me break. The creature shackles me to the wall again and Thanos continues beating me. I'm cut above my left eyebrow and the blood is steadily flowing down my face.

Thanos finally leaves and the creature unshackles me and leads me down a long hallway. We walk past other prisoners, who have apologetic looks in their eyes. I try to give them a reassuring smile, but I'm positive it looks more like a grimace. The creature shackles me to another wall and I pass out again from the pain.

I wake up to my dress being cut off of me. Thanos doesn't hesitate to start cutting into my skin as soon as the fabric is moved. He wipes the blood away and cuts deeper. I cry out as he twists the knife in my shoulder, definitely severing everything important in there. He pulls the knife out quickly and does the same to my other arm. I pass out from blood loss or pain, I'm not really sure.

When I wake up, Thanos is in my face with that nasty grin of his. "Ah, good afternoon. Are you ready to talk or will I have to beat it out of you some more?"

"I- told you I don't know-where anything is," I struggle to get the words out.

"How could you not know? You've been there for a year! Do they keep everything a secret?" he booms.

"Apparently," I mutter to myself. "Even if I knew where it was, why would I tell you?"

"Because I have your life in my hands. I could kill you right now if I wanted to. But I won't. You'll be useful to me. I'll be back later," he saunters out and slams the cell door closed.

I start crying because I might never see Thor or Frigga again. He could use me as bait and then kill me when he gets what he wants. Frigga might grow up motherless. I hope Thor doesn't negotiate with this monster. I'd rather die than have all of the realms at risk of Thanos' wrath because of me.

The creature comes back in and I shrink away from him, but he puts his hands up in surrender. "I'm here to help. I'm going to clean your cuts."

"It felt like you were trying to help me when you threw me on the ground," I reply sarcastically.

"I have to do that. I can't stop him. He'll kill both of us without blinking an eye. Believe me, I know what he does and I know what it's like and I wish I could help you without risking both our lives. But I can't."

"Why do you stay here?"

"I can't leave."

"Why not?"

"It's a long story I'd rather not get into. Let me clean your cuts. This is the one thing he does allow, so let me help you," he holds up a cloth.

I let him clean my cuts, trying not to focus on the pain. "Is there any way to kill him?"

"Keep your voice down. And no, not that I know of. When I first got here, one of the prisoners tried stabbing him. That didn't do anything," he whispers. "I tried to poison him once. A lethal dose that would've killed anything. Nothing happened."

"Could the Avengers beat him?"

"I don't know. He's much more powerful than anything they've dealt with. And if he acquires the Infinity Gauntlet, it's going to be next to impossible. Don't tell him where any of the Stones are. It will be the end of life as we know it."

"I'm being honest. I have no idea where any of them are. It's never come up. But once Thor finds me, I have a terrible feeling that they're going to negotiate me for the Stone or Stones. I'd rather die than Thanos having all that power."