Chapter Six

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC TORTURE. IF YOU CANNOT READ ABOUT IT, I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST SKIPPING IT.

I've lost all track of time since I've been here. I don't know how long it's been and I wonder if Heimdall can locate me. I remember him saying Thanos can hide from him. So, good news, I'm probably going to die here. I completely blame myself, I should've told Thor about the person that was following me. I have no doubt it was Thanos.

I have been punched, kicked, and cut more times than I can count. I heal fast, thanks to being Asgardian, and Thanos takes advantage of that. He'll find healed skin to cut and unhealed skin to cut. I have an infected cut that is being delayed on killing me because of my healing.

The cuts in my shoulders from God knows how long ago were so deep that they still aren't completely healed. That, and the fact that Thanos continually cuts them open. He's not just physically torturing me, he's mentally torturing me, too.

Every time he comes back in my cell he says the exact same thing, "You're never going to be found. If you are, well, I'll kill them slowly in front of you. You'll get to watch them bleed out and there won't be anything you can do. Then, I'll take over Asgard and Midgard and every other realm. Before I take over all the realms, I'm going to find that sweet daughter of yours and kill her. Not gently, I might add. I'll make sure you hear her tortured screams for the rest of your miserable life.

"Oh my, I almost forgot about your beloved husband! Well, it'll kill him to see you like this, barely clinging on to life, and if that doesn't do it, we can't forget about your dead daughter! That will just kill him right there. But that's just figuratively of course. I'll rip his throat out to have the pleasure of killing him. I hope you enjoyed your last moments together, because the next time you see him, it'll be for his death and he won't even recognize you."

The pain in my body doesn't even compare to the pain in my heart. He's going to kill my family and friends all because I didn't tell Thor about being followed home. It's all my fault that they're all dead. I killed them.

I'm pretty sure the pain is making me hallucinate. I see Thor and Frigga alive and well. But I think they're dead. I think everyone is dead. I need to die. I want to die. My family and friends are dead. Thanos killed them all. He must've forgotten his promise to kill them in front of me. I'm glad. I just wish I could've seen them again.

They wouldn't know I'm me, though. I probably look like a grotesque monster right now. I have dried blood caked all over my body. I probably lost about seventy pounds from starvation. My hair is drenched in blood and greasy. I can't stand anymore and I haven't eaten in weeks, maybe months.

The Other may be the only reason I'm alive right now. I don't remember when he told me his name, but that's irrelevant. He sneaks me food and water as often as he can. He tries to clean my cuts, but with limited resources, it's basically impossible. He tries to speed up my healing as fast as he can. My healing must be damaged because it's barely working or not working at all.

"How long have I been here?" I whisper in case Thanos is in the dungeon.

"A year. I've been begging for him to let you heal, but whatever he does to you, he does to me. He won't stop. I'm sorry," he cleans blood from my forehead.

"It's okay. When he brought me here, I wasn't expecting him to be gentle. I appreciate you trying. I bet you need to go. Can't get caught helping me," I push him weakly to the door.

He gives me a weak smile and walks out just as Thanos walks in. He starts his whole speech again. I roll my eyes.

"Give me a break. They're already dead."