(Chapter 1) Trains Aren't the Only Things that Blow Smoke

NOTE: (y/ln)=your last name

(y/fn)=your first name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a normal day. Well, as normal as it could be in lkebukuro.

Shizuo Heiwajima went about his regular morning routine.

Wake up.

Smoke.

Take a shower. (smoke in the shower)

Drink milk.

Go to work. (smoke on the way to work)

As Shizuo was walking to meet Tom, his business partner and friend, his phone went off.

He picked the buzzing phone out of his pocket and stared at it.

The caller ID read: Unknown number...

Yet Shizuo answered anyways. "Yo," he stated rather nonchalantly as smoke circled around him.

"Why good morning Shizu-chan," the caller giggled. Even over the phone Shizuo knew exactly who that voice belonged to...

"IZAYAAAAAA," the Blonde roared, " HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER?!" Shizuo became increasingly angry. He threw the cigarette down. His muscles began to tense. His phone began to crack under his vice grip.

"Oh Shizu-chan please, I have my ways... I am an informant after all," taunted Izaya.

Shizuo could not tolerate this any longer. Just before Ikebukuro's strongest man could throw his phone Izaya spoke....

"She's back..."

Shizuo's eyes widened at the meaning of the words.

"Is she... Is she really? After all this time, is she really back?" He wondered.

"That's right Shizu-chan, (y/fn) is finally back..."

Shizuo began to collect his thoughts, yet he was shaking with a new emotion. Rather than angry, Shizuo was scared... happy... excited... even nervous.

"Shut up flea, before I find you and kill you," Shizuo seethed.

Shizuo could almost hear Izaya's smirk over the phone, "I thought you would just like to know... Her train arrives at Ikebukuro station at 10:30...," Izaya informs, "Just incase you want to go see her."

With that bit of information Shizuo was done with the taunts. He hung up on Izaya and stared at his phone. The time read, "10:00am."

He sighed loudly and began lighting another cigarette. "It's all in the past... things are different now...," he thought, "after all... She wouldn't want to see me again... Not after... That. What if she's not even here? That damn flea is trying to set a trap."

Yet Shizuo couldn't deny he was curious. What if (y/fn) really was back in Ikebukuro? What does it matter to Shizuo anyways? Shizuo's mind ran rampant as he continued his walk to work, but found himself walking towards Ikebukuro station instead.

"Shit."

Shizuo began to make a phone call.

"Ring. Ring. Ring."

"Pick up the phone dammit...," the Blonde growled.

"What?" Came the familiar voice of Tom.

"I'm gonna be late," and with that Shizuo slammed his phone shut and took off running.

The clock read, "10:23am"

Shizuo made it to Ikebukuro station at 10:27.

He was panting slightly, yet he was not tired. He was conflicted. A part of him wanted her to be there. The other part feared her.

"It's all in the past..., "he reassured himself, "...it was just high school."

Shizuo looked out into the crowd. There were so many people. So many meaningless people. Looking out upon the sea of people made him discouraged. Finding her in this horde would be finding a needle in a haystack.

He puffed on a new cigarette and stared at his phone...

The phone read, "10:30am"

He sighed. That damn flea must have tricked him.

But then... He heard it.

"Train Number 7645 has now entered," came a voice over the intercom.

The rails squeaked. The train stopped and then doors opened.

As people stormed out of train Shizuo stood in the front of the opening dumbfounded.

He looked as though he was standing in the middle of the strongest monsoon.

He scanned every person that stepped off.

Not that one.

Not that one.

Not her.

Not her.

Not her... Oh that's a man.

And just as Shizuo began to give up...

He saw her.

---------to be continued----------

*AUTHOR'S NOTE: this story may or may not continue. I usually get super busy so I cannot promise consistency.

This is my third story so feel free to check out my other two:

-paper romance (Nijimura Shuzo X reader)

-sapphires and Rubbies (Aomine daiki X reader)

As always THANK YOU FOR READING! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!