(Chapter 14) The Calm Before The Storm

NOTE: (y/ln)=your last name
            (y/fn)=your first name
            (y/ec)=your eye color
            (y/hc)=your hair color
            (y/hl)=your hair length
            (y/w)=your weight
            (y/fc)=your favorite color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- Shizuo's point of view ---

Shizuo was roaming the streets of Ikebukuro. He had just finished his first day back on the job with Tom since his mandatory vacation.

It felt good to be back. Even though he hated his strength it was nice to be back doing what he did best... Kicking ass.

Also the blonde had to admit that his life had now for the most part returned to normal.

Well there was no such thing as normal in Ikebukuro, especially not when your name is Shizuo Heiwajima but some sort of routine beyond his morning awakenings did exist.

Even a cat and mouse chase between him and Izaya was well over due.

Shizuo was still roaming Ikebukuro, a cigarette resting in between his lips, a trail of smoke brining up his rear, and every person in his path made sure to get out of his way.

However, there was one person who stood in his path that did not move.

All down the block every person stepped aside for Shizuo to pass. However at the end of this block, a pesky informant was standing in the middle of the increasingly deserted street.

Shizuo looked ahead, and there he was. That damn pesky flea. His fur coat fluttering. His Raven black hair framing that permeant smirk on his face.

That bastard.

"Hello Shizu-chan," Izaya taunted, "it's good to see you back to your old self... Not that that's a compliment."

Shizuo tensed. His blood boiled. His eye twitched. He bent the cancer stick and tossed it on the ground to be stomped by his black shoes.

He was growling as that flea just stared and smirked.

"IZAYAAAAAAAA, I TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES! DONT YOU EVER STEP FOOT IN IKEBUKURO AGAIN!"

And with that a blonde ball of brute furry was barreling towards Izaya. Shizuo cocked his fist back and gritted his teeth, only to find that the flea jumped onto the top of a light pole and judged him from a new angle.

"Oh Shizu-chan, I live in Ikebukuro currently, kinda hard to not show up when I live here!"

"DIE!"

The ex bartender pulled the light pole out of its socket in the ground as the informant jumped a few yards away to a new spot on the ground.

Shizuo was swinging the light pole as though he was Derek Jeter hitting a home run. Rather than hitting the flee he brought a building to its knees and people cowards and ran in all directions leading away from the fight.

"Now now Shizuo let me live so I can see (y/fn), she's so pretty... I just might make her mine."

The mention of the girl pissed Shizuo off even more. He was getting so good at forgetting her. He had reminded himself that he had been without her before and he could be without her again, but the mere thought that she could belong to not just a pansy model but a dirty flea like Izaya made him even angrier.

He did nothing but roar and attack. None of his punches or swings or throws ever made contact with the informant. However Shizuo's determination to kill Izaya lead him on a war path through about half of the city.

It wasn't until the two were standing in the middle of sunshine city did the fighting pause.

Shizuo was huffing. He was not injured in any way, but he was filled with fiery rage. He was bent on killing Izaya. Izaya on the other hand had broken little to no sweat in this game. He was without a scratch, but wished he could say the same for the city Shizuo had torn to pieces.