Chapter 1

Tori's P.O.V

Lying there in my bed I stare up at my ceiling as if seiking answers to all the quistions in my life, but none came so I get up take a shower and go to choose clothes. Standing there in my walk in closet I contemplate what I should wear. Desiding on black ripped skinny yeans a black muzzle top, black leather jacket and black sneakers I put on the clothes and go to my vanity table. Putting on black eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara I quickly grab my keys and head out. Stopping at starbucks I get a chocolate muffin and a mocha latte and head to school. Finishing my muffin I get out of my car and all heads turn to me, boys watching me with lust and girls watching with unconcealed envy and hatred. Putting a smirk on my face I head to the office to get my schedule, after getting it I look through it.

Victoria Reed

First period: Algebra
Secomd period: Free
Third period: Biology
Lunch
Fourth period: English
Fivth period: Italian
Six period: Gim

Great I think boring classes the whole year! Thank heavens this is my last year in this hell hole. Walking to class my phone pings with a message, reading it I suddenly bump into someone looking up into a guy with glasses I feel anger swirl up inside. Clenching my fists I close my eyes and count to ten opening them I tell the boy to watch where he's walking. Stepping around him I walk the rest of the way to class. The time flies and it's already third period. Walking into biology late the teacher tells me to take a seat. Looking around I see that the nerd from this morning is in my class, great I think. Looking further I see an empty desk at the back of the class. Time flies by and It's lunch now. Infront of me I see the nerd from this morning walking, talking and laughing with I'm geussing his friend. The next thing I know an arm is slung around my shoulder, without thinking I take the arm and throw the person connected to the arm over my shoulder looking down I see my friend Jace groaning. I smirk telling him that he knows better to just sneak up on me, helping him up I finally realize the silence around us and look up I see a sircle formed around us and people gaping at me, looking around I make eye contact with the nerd Jayden (learned his name in class when the teacher called on him). Breaking eye contact I glare at the surronding students and in a hard and cold voice I tell them to "fuck off" immediatly they all turn around and head to lunch. Walking into the lunch room with Jace beside me we go to our table and talk for the rest of lunch. The bell rings and we head to our classes. Again time flies and It's the final period Jim. Running around the field for the rest of the period the bell rings and eveyone heads to the lockers. After showering I put on my clothes and head outside to go home after a long day. Coming home I clean the place, make dinner, eat and then finish my homework. Putting on my shorts and tank top I get rid of the makeup and get in my bed when I hear the front door opening and closing, I hear him climbing the stares, I hear his footsteps coming towards my room stopping and waiting as if I would suddenly open the door and jump on him, I hear him sigh tiredly and then he walks to his room and close the door. As I lie there the memories came. My mom, dad and me watching a funny movie and laughing, dad buying me ice-cream and making me swore not to tell mom about it, and my last memory of us together and happy was on mom's birthday when dad played romantic music and they danced to it. They looked so in love staring into each others eyes smiling softly to each other. The next morning we had breakfast and mom and dad joked the whole time making me laugh till my stomach ached and tears rolled down my eyes. That day mom went to do some shoping while I stayed home with dad. Three hours later there was a knock at the door, we both went to see who it is and when dad opened the door with a smile there stood two officers infront of us, dad's smile immediatly fell and a frown took over. The officers took there caps of and dad asked them: "can I help you officers?" "Are you Mr Greg Reed?"
"Yes, how can I help you?" My dad asks still with that frown on his face "I'm sorry to have to tell you this sir but your wife was in a car accident, a drunk driver collided with her car and I'm sorry to say this but she didn't make it". I remember screaming no no no your lying my mom's not dead while tears streamed down both mine and my fathers faces. My father had fallen to his knees crying histerically. That day I lost my mom and my father lost his first love, later his wife and then the mother of his child. Everything changed after that, dad started working more and longer hours it became so much that I only see him now when he finds me to tell me that he's going on a bussness trip. I realized that the day my mom died and the officers came and told us my mom's dead that I not only lost my mom but that day I lost my dad too. After that the tears started and like every night since my mom died I cry myself to sleep. And like every night since then nighmares haunt me about my mother's death.