47: july 24th, 2015.

both.

~:~

friday.

the distance was killing both of them slowly.

andie's old habits began to kick in; she shut herself away from her problems and all her worry, and spent more time with calum just to occupy herself. she sensed that something was off, especially when he would pay so little attention to her in school. don't misunderstand, she really isn't the clingy type, and she hates too much pda. but it physically hurt her when he would barely look at her.

luke had been writing a lot lately. a few complete songs, a few pharagraphs only, but he still wrote much more than usual. he wasn't sure why he was acting the way he did; he was aware, but didn't know how to stop it. even his family had noticed her absence, considering she spent almost every day there and snuck into his room through the window.

"you need to talk to him." calum stated the obvious and handed her a cup of hot chocolate.

"and if i don't want to?" she muttered and pulled up her legs against her chest, sinking down on the couch.

"you don't have a choice. i'll force you."

"jeez, thanks."

calum laughed a little and let her finish the drink. while doing so, he pulled up his phone and scrolled through instagram. she glanced at him and put away the cup, sucking on her bottom lip.

"why haven't you talked now again?" he asked and frowned a little.

"i don't know!" she exclaimed, startling him completely. "at first it was just in school, and that's fine, whatever, but these past days he hasn't been very susceptible."

"so you chose to seclude yourself from him." he nodded once as if understanding something obvious.

"he started it." she muttered like a child and crossed her arms. his head fell to the side and he gave her a tired look.

"are you five? what if he's got his reason? have you actually asked him if something's wrong?"

"of course i have, cal." she scoffed, and then sighed. "don't you know? i mean, you're his best friend too."

"i actually don't. haven't seen the guy in a while." he shrugged sadly and fiddled with his fingers.

"i hate this." she mumbled, her voice cracking for the first time in forever. "i really hate this, calum."

"hey." he whispered, embracing her in a soothing hug. "just talk to the guy, he won't kill you. i know luke, and something's obviously wrong because he wouldn't act like this otherwise. i mean, the guy is practically in love with you and—"

"what?" she cut him off and peered up at him.

"well... he hasn't said that, but anyone can see it. i'm surprised he hasn't confessed his love for you yet." calum chuckled a bit and rubbed her arm with his thumb.

"fine. i'll go over to his place now." andie sighed and grimaced.

"and leave me all alone?" he dramatically gasped and then laughed hoarsely.

"aw, you'll be fine. you've got your playstation and chips." she cooed and sat straight again.

"come on." he ushered for her to stand up — which she did — and followed her to the door. "say hello from me."

"yeah, yeah." she grumpily said and smiled unconsciously when he kissed her cheek softly, out of habit. "oh, and crys wants to watch that new—"

"i've already rented it." calum chuckled and opened the door.