Chapter 4

~Draco’s POV~

I wake up in the same location I had passed out in. No one is around, but the Dark Mark on my arm has faded. That means that everyone thinks I’m dead. As quickly as I can, I apparate back to the place where I know Hermione is staying. When I reach the door, I knock and Hermione opens the door. She pulls me inside and shuts the door before kissing me fiercely. Words can’t even describe how much I’ve missed this.

“What’s he doing here?” Weasley asks.

“Just letting Hermione know that I’m okay.” I answer.

“So you’re going to leave now?”

“Ron!” Hermione shouts.

“Just asking.”

Hermione rolls her eyes and Weasley walks back to what I assume is the kitchen. Neither him nor Potter makes another entrance. I’m waiting for Hermione to say something because I don’t really know what to say right now. Honestly, I’m not really sure where to go either. I don’t know of anyone that I can stay with or of anyone that would take me in.

“Don’t worry about that.” Hermione smiles as if she can read my mind.

“Worry about what?” I ask.

“About where to stay. I already explained everything to Tonks and she says that you can stay there.”

“What would I do without you?”

“Starve somewhere on the streets.”

I laugh and pull Hermione closer to me. I’ve missed the feel of her in my arms and I don’t want to let go ever again. However, I know that we won’t be able to see each other once I leave. The trio has something to do and I can’t be a part of it. All I’m hoping is that Hermione doesn’t get killed because of it. I don’t know what I would do if I lost her again.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” I ask.

“I can’t promise anything, but I’ll try to be careful.” Hermione breathes.

“Okay, but I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you again.”

Hermione starts to tear up and kisses me fiercely. I can instantly tell that she doesn’t want to lose me either. It’s been really hard for both of us since she left. I was just too angry before to realize that she was hurting too. I’m glad that she didn’t give up on me though. I love her with every bone in my body and the thought of not being able to see her for who knows how long makes my chest ache. I hope she’s okay at the end of this because I fully intend on spending the rest of my life with her. I just hope that this isn’t the last time I’ll see her.

“I’ll take you to the house and then I’ll have to come back here.” Hermione says when she pulls back.

“Okay.” I whisper because I don’t want to say goodbye yet.

Hermione and I walk out the door. She takes a hold of my hand and we stare at each other for a moment. After a few more seconds, we apparate and we’re both standing in front of a house. Someone was watching at the window and they open the door shortly after we arrive. Hermione and I walk forward until we’re a few feet from the door. I bend down and kiss Hermione for the last time before we’re apart for a long time. Her hands tangle in my hair and I hold her as close to me as possible. I don’t want to let her go, but I know that she has a job to do. I pull back with a sigh.

“I’ll miss you.” I whisper.

“I’ll miss you too.” Hermione breathes.

“I love you so much.”

“I love you too, more than you know.”

I kiss Hermione one last time before walking through the door way. Before the door closes, I hear the familiar pop of Hermione apparating. A woman, Tonks I assume, greets me and directs me into the kitchen. I sit down at the kitchen table and Tonks and an older woman, Aunt Andromeda I assume, start to eat so I do too. I guess this won’t be so bad.