Chapter 1:Meet the Neighbors

~Julianna P.O.V.~

"Julianna wake up! We have new neighbors moving in and you have to go over and introduce yourself." Mom says as I slowly open my eyes. I check the time, 7:57am on a Saturday. ugh, why me?

I roll out of bed, and hop in the shower, but not before glimpsing out my front window, and watching as a guy about my age steps out of the car. I thought I could faint, he was that hot. No doubt all the girls will be going after him on Monday. After my shower, I put on my outfit. Black high-waisted shorts and a pink loose fitting crop top. I style my long brunette locks into a messy bun on the top of my head and after brushing my teeth and swiping on some concealer, I'm good to go

I walk down the steps of my house, brownies in hand (at this point its around 9) and walk over to the house. Its been empty for about a year now, and sadly, my bedroom window looks directly into another bedroom. Just great. I'm gonna need new curtains.

I knock on the door.One, Two, Three, Four....Ten. The door opens (finally) and there he is. The most stunning guy I've ever seen. His jaw is defined, his lips turned into a playful smirk, his eyes blue and deep, his sandy blonde hair is styled perfectly under a  black beanie, and as I look down at his body, I'm in awe. I could stare at him forever.

"Yes?" A voice brings me out of my trance. I look up to see him smirking. I'm embarrassed, but come on, I know that guys love to embarrass me. So I don't back down, and I give him a slight smile and introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Julianna Robinson. Welcome to the neighborhood."

His smirk falters at my ability to maintain my composure, but it quickly returns. "Josh Jacobsen. See you around." And,with that, he closes the door in my face.

~Josh P.O.V.~

What the hell just happened? One minute I'm hanging with my friends back in North Carolina, and the next my mom says we're moving here, San Antonio, Texas. I've never been one for cowboys. I roll my eyes at the memory. It was all going good too, I had a reputation back there, now I have to start over. *insert eye roll here*

"We're here!" Mom squeals. She pulls up in the driveway, stops the car, and gets out along with my little brother. He's 12 and I'm 17.  Now its a major age gap but it didn't seem so back in North Carolina. I sigh and proceed to look around. When I look up I see a gorgeous girl looking down on us, from the house next door. All to quickly though, she pulls away from the window and closes the curtains. I shrug it off and walk inside, running up the stairs to find my room. Damn, this house is huge. I find the second biggest room, leaving the biggest for my mom, and throw my backpack on the ground. The movers will be here tomorrow and so I just start going to the car and unloading the few boxes we brought. I carry mine into my room only to hear the voice of my mom asking my brother to go to the store with him. Jack, my brother, declines almost instantly but he finally caves when she offers to buy him Chick-Fil-A. A few minutes after they leave I hear the doorbell. I figure it must be my mom or Jack saying they forgot the house keys,  but when I open the door, I come face to face with the girl from the window. Her long legs are shown off by the high-waisted shorts, and the loose crop top pops against her tanned figure. She's easy on the eyes too, bright green eyes, brown hair thrown into a perfect messy bun, her pink lips slightly parted as she looks at me up and down. I smirk, this should be easy. "Yes?" I say.

Her head snaps up, she eyes my smirk and her eyes narrow a little. She composes herself for half a second and instead of flushing, she just introduces herself. I'm confused now. Is she not embarrassed getting caught? Instantly, I know she must be one of those girls, overly snotty and begging for attention. Even though that's "my type" its usually a one-and-done deal. "I'm Josh Jacobsen." I say, then I close the door on her face. She stands there a second in shock before her face turns to pure anger. I laugh as I watch her stalk off through my curtains. Sorry Julianna, not today. Tomorrow? If you're lucky. I smirk at the thought and walk back to my room. I walk in and look around, really soaking up my new room. Nice and open, walk in closet, and a bathroom. I have two windows, one looking out front and one, LOOKING RIGHT INTO HER BEDROOM? Shit Shit SHIT!