Christmas Special! Armin x Reader

December. Yours and Armin's favorite month. The month where you get to deck the shit out of the cabins and halls. You had finished the cabins yesterday and decided today, you two would focus on the Christmas trees. One Christmas tree was to be placed and decorated in each cabin and in the mess hall. You both thought it'd be easier to get the huge tree that was meant for the mess hall done last, so that's what you were working on. It took about half the day for the cabins since you guys rushed, wanting to decorate the biggest tree. Everyone was allowed for two days of a break while you guys set up. It was a hassle with just the two of your setting everything up in just two days, but you seemed to manage it without any problems.

Long strips of garland were neatly wrapped in plain white Christmas lights; never to be turned on. A handful of red and silver medium sized spherical ornaments had been placed in random spots on the garland strips which had been laid across each table right in the middle, still giving everyone room to eat their food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The Christmas tree was near the wall at the back in the middle. The same lights used for the garland were neatly wrapped around going from the bottom of the branches to the top. Different colored ornaments, all shapes and sizes, ranging from normal spheres to ones that looked like big tear drops, were scattered about the tree. "I really hope everyone likes what we did," you announced as you carefully placed an ornament on the tree. There were three ornaments left until you could put the tree topper on which was an original; a golden star. You and Armin came up with the idea of making the mess hall Christmas tree extra special, so on each normal ornament, you wrote the names of the cadets that passed away in past Expeditions and sudden attacks from the Titans. The most recent being where many of the 104 squad members had died in the Battle of Trost District. The two we left in the back, but the only ones that were right next to each other were Farlan and Isabel. Hanji told us that those two were the closet people Levi ever had. She told us how much time they spent together and when they died, Levi was devastated. We didn't think he'd want to remember them, so we kept them in the back, close to the side of the tree.

"I bet they will. The only person I think won't, would probably be Corporal Levi," Armin answered placing two more. You hung the last ornament and stepped back admiring your guys' work, Armin doing the same.

"Last but not least, the tree topper!" Topping off the tree was your favorite part when it came to decorating Christmas trees. You never knew why, you just guessed it was because it made you happy for some reason. You grabbed the tree topper and got on your toes to put the star on, realizing you were too short.

"Here, get on my back." Armin turned around and slouched his back, getting his arms ready to catch my legs.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course." You carefully jumped on Armin's back. He stumbled a little, but quickly regained his balance and walked to the side of the tree. You were still too short. It wasn't really that you both were too short, it was that the tree was too tall, and Jean had to take the ladder when you finished putting ornaments on the top to get Marco out of a tree. You were going to ask before he left, but decided it wasn't worth it. "Okay maybe you should get on my shoulders." You jumped off his back and stood on one of the benches. Armin bent down in front of you and you put one leg on one of his shoulders. He slowly stood up and walked towards the tree, wobbling slightly.

"Are you okay Armin?"

"Yep!" Armin made it over to the tree without falling over and you stretched your arm out.

"So... Close..." The topper was half way on.

"Should I go on my toe-"

"No! Don't do that or you'll loose your balance."

"Oh. Okay!" Your arm finally stretched out far enough and you placed the topper on. Armin stepped back and you both marveled over your magnificent work.

"We did-"

"Amazing."

~~*~~

It was Christmas Day and everyone gathered in the dining hall, chatting, looking at the decor, and praising you and Armin for your good work. People crowded around the tree to look at the different names of the cadets. Some cried, some smiled sadly, some didn't care, but everyone loved that we did that. The hardest own for you to write was Marco's, which was the one closest to the star. Jean had a hard time keeping himself together when he noticed the ornament. Your little group had comforted him and talked about all of the good times you all had together. He had shed a few tears, but kept himself together.

"I won't mourn. Marco wouldn't want me to do that," he told everyone. Unfortunately, Levi had seen the two ornaments of Isabel and Farlan and immediately went to his office. He still hadn't gotten over their deaths. You and Armin stood in front of the tree silently mourning over the lost cadets and friends. You rested your head on Armin's shoulder and sighed.

"God, I miss them all so much. Even the ones I didn't know that well," you admitted.

"Me too. We're all like a family in a way," he agreed adding on. Sasha tapped on your shoulder smiling like an idiot. You raised an eyebrow in confusion. She pointed above you and Armin to mistletoe being held up by Jean since he was the tallest around. He looked like he didn't want to be doing it. You and Armin exchanged glances before closing your eyes and leaning in, letting your lips collide. It felt like a couple seconds, but Sasha had claimed it was way longer. You and Armin blushed in embarrassment. Armin pulled you in for a hug and kissed your forehead.

"Merry Christmas Y/N," he whispered.

"Merry Christmas."

~*~*~
GAH! I totally planned to publish this on Christmas Day! I totally forgot to finish it, so sorry for it being like 4 or 5 minutes late! XD Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a nice day and got lots of presents!

~~ Raven