Newt|| TMR Au|| Secretly Over-Protective

My eyes snapped open as I took in my surroundings. I was in some sort of a metal box that was moving upward. There were some boxes of supplies at the other end of the crate. They were engraved with the letters WICKED. I flinched at familiarization but no memory appeared.

No memory. Why can't I remember anything? What's my name?

Samantha.

I could remember my name, but that was it.

An alarm started blaring from further up the tunnel and I curled into a ball and tried to calm myself.

About 3 minutes later the traveling box came to a halting stop. I took a deep breath and tried to decide what to do, when a loud creaking noise was heard from above and I looked up, blinded by the light seeping into the box.

Before my eyes could adjust to the lighting, a figure jumped into the box.

"It- It's a girl." A thick, british accent said shocked.

"What's she look like?"

"I got dibs!"

"She's hot!"

"How old is she?"

All these questions popped up from random voices, all sounding male.

"Let me help you up." The boy in the box with me said.

He held out his hand, and I gratefully grabbed it as he hauled me up. I took in all of his features.

Somewhat shaggy dirty-blonde hair flopped over his head, and his thin pink lips curled up into a smile. His soft brown eyes peered into mine curiously.

"My name's Newt. Welcome to the Glade." He said.

"I'm Samantha. And what's a Glade?" I asked.

Newt looked nervously up toward a tall, dark skinned boy who reeked with a powerful aura. I assumed he was in charge in the "Glade".

"I'll give her the tour" the boy said.

"Alright. Now let's get you out." Newt said to me.

"I'll give you a boost." He said and linked his hands to create a place for me to put my foot. He popped me up into the air just enough for me to turn around and land on my bottom on grass.

He pulled himself up shortly after.

"Thanks" I said.

"Alright everyone! Back to work!" The dark-skin boy said, and the rest of the boys scattered off in different directions.

"I'll take it from here." The boy said to Newt.

"Good that" Newt said.

"Bye Samantha" he said, then turned and walked away.

I turned back to the other guy.

"My name's Alby and I'll be giving you a quick tour before dinner." He said.

"Hi Alby. And okay."

Alby showed me around The Glade, introduced me to different job options and told me the main rules.

"Now it's time for dinner" he said smiling, and led me over to the kitchen where I met Frypan.

"Is this the new greenie?" Fry asked, smiling.

Alby nodded and I held out my hand.

"I'm Samantha."

"Frypan" he said, grabbing my hand and shaking it.