Chapter 2

JASMINE'S POV

Yesterday was a good day. We were hanging out just the four of us (since Delia was with Brandon) and it was really fun. It felt like Erin didn't even exist, just me and Logan and of course Lindy and Garrett. It was completely different being with Logan when Erin wasn't around, he was much more himself and I didn't have to watch them eating their faces off. I walk to my locker slowly, since I'm too early at school, which was normal. I open my locker and a small envelope falls on the floor. I pick it up and it says 'Jasmine' on the cover. I open the blue envelope and pull out a note.

"Thanks for the help, you're the best!" I read it out loud to myself and at the end of the note there is Logan's name. I smile to myself and look up to my locker. There is a small box, also blue, with white ribbon on it. I take it to my hand and open the box. I gasp when I see what's inside, it's the locket he made me try on yesterday. There's also a note under it.

"Look inside the locket" I read out loud again and do what I've been told. There's a picture of me, Logan, Lindy, Garrett and Delia inside the locket. I can't believe he did this. He's making it really hard for me to get over him.

"You like it?" I hear his voice behind me and when I turn around I can see him smiling wide.

"I absolutely love it Logan! You didn't have to do it though" I say and give him a quick hug, not staying in his arms for too long.

"I know I didn't have to, but it looked like it belonged to you and I really wanted to give you that" He says and butterflies start to fly in my stomach. I can't believe that he did this to me, of course we are friends but friends don't really buy expensive gifts, right? Stop it Jasmine, he has a girlfriend and the only thing why he bought that gift was to say thanks.

"Well it's perfect" I say and he smiles again while staring at me with his absolutely beautiful blue eyes.

"What did you buy for Erin?" I ask then, breaking our moment. He looks away, scratching the back of his neck.

"I am.. I bought the heart necklace for her, I know it's cheesy but she will probably like it anyway" He says and laughs a little. He really bought a better 'thank you gift' for me than an actual birthday present for his girlfriend? I don't know what to say to him.

"I know she'll like it" I say, reassuring him that it's the right gift. It's not really nice but I think that Erin is a bit cheesy herself, so the gift is perfect for her.

"Yeah, I just hope everything goes well tonight" He says nervously rubbing his hands together. I take his hands in mine, to make sure he calms down.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. You're Logan after all, you're amazing! It will go just fine" I say to him with laugh and smile. He chuckles.

"Thanks Jaz, you always know what to say" He says and suddenly pulls me closer to his embrace. I put my hands around him and hug him tightly. I don't ever want to let go.

"What's going on?" I hear a familiar voice and we push ourselves away from each other.

"Erin, hey" I say with a fake smile and look at the brunette girl, who is now standing there with crossed arms.

"Hey, nothing is going on really, I was just thanking Jaz because she helped me with your present yesterday" Logan explains and I nodd.

"Oh, that's so nice of you Jasmine!" She answers and puts her hand around Logan's body. I smile at her but it's not sincere.

"Well, I would love to chit chat but I have to go to class. See you guys later!" I say before turning around and closing my locker before leaving.