Chapter 6

" So, that was the group you were talking about," Nova muttered. The four of them were resting the forest, that was miles away from Holden.

Cassandra nodded. " Yeah, George. Or, what we have to call him; Lord George, someone who kills if anyone is in his way. He saw Austin's magic before and he's most likely coming for you as well."

" Another reason why I can't be with you guys. Holden was taken down by a group of people. I can't afford for you and your brothers to get injured."

" But Austin would be in danger as well," Caspar said. " No matter what, they're coming for the both of us. There's no reason to split up."

Nova bit her lip.

" I'm the one who would be tortured before dying. Austin would just be killed."

The magic user brought his knees in shame. He didn't want to bring anyone into the problem he has.
" Forget about me," he muttered. " I will only bring pain to you and Caspar."

" If one family member feels pain, then the rest of us do as well," Cassandra said. " We're not leaving, you need our help."

Nova sighed, but she didn't say anything.

~

A boy walked through the forest, holding a basket fulled with berries. There was a person walking along with him, holding some wood. They walked into a small home where, their older sister, Freya, was cooking some dinner.

" Dell, Vesta, you're back," she said.

Dell put the basket on the table, sighing. " Here are the berries you wanted, and Vesta has the wood." Freya smiled at her two siblings as she put a hand on her swollen stomach.

She lived together with her siblings and her husband, Carver, who had worked at a nearby guild in the town.

" When is the baby due?" Dell asked.

" In the next couple of months," she answered. " Everything is set up for the baby arrival."
Vesta smiled as she shook her older brother. " We're having a little niece or nephew soon. I'm so excited! We could play with them all the time."

" Remember that you are older than you think," Dell said. " They wouldn't want to play with someone who acts like a little girl."

Freya giggled as her siblings bickered. They were the only family she had left ever since their parent's passing.

" Anyway, where's that husband of yours?" Dell asked. " He was supposed to help us with the gathering today. Man, he should learn how to keep his word."

" He had to finish some business at the guild in town. His friends wouldn't leave him alone."
Vesta giggled. " Maybe when we're older, we could join the guild Dell."

" I don't like following anyone's orders," he said. Freya sighed as she sat down.

" Settle down you two. There's is no use in fighting like this. Remember, you must count on each other's strengths."

Dell rolled his eyes. " You're always the one who stops us from fighting. We're siblings, it's just what we do."

Vesta picked one of the berries from the basket and popped it into her mouth. " Nothing is bad about us bickering like this. In fact, it's makes our bond stronger than ever."

Freya sighed as she rubbed her temples. " Dell, could you please wash the berries before Vesta pops another one in her mouth."

Dell sighed, but obey his sister's commands. As he washed the berries, Vesta giggled.

" So, can we actually join the guild when we get older?" she asked.
Freya frowned. " No."

" Why not?"

" Because, being in a guild is even more dangerous than it sounds. People risk their lives every day to make other people happy, but someone like you can't take on a job by yourself, and Dell doesn't seem like he wants to join."

Vesta frowned as she crossed her arms across her chest. " Dell is stubborn. Can I join when I'm older? I'll find someone to help me."

" I already told you no," Freya said. " I can't argue with you anymore. I already feel quite sick." She touched her forehead lightly.

Vesta scoffed. " Alright sister, but when the time comes, I'll be joining and you can't do anything to stop me."

" I have already told you-"

" And I don't have to listen to you. Surly Mother and Father didn't say that you were to rule over the both of us!"

Dell sighed as Vesta exited the house, slamming the door in the process. He had to deal with her rebellious attitude even since they moved in together.

" Will she be like this forever Sister?"

Freya shook her head with a small smile upon her lips. " No, she will realize that the way she is acting now is quite childish and she will stop this."

Dell put the berries back in the basket. " Surly, you think of the good inside people. What happened to those people who murdered our parents? Do you forgive them?"

Freya looked down at her stomach. " Now you already know how I feel. Yes, Mother and Father will dearly be missed, but they live on in my heart, and I have to keep going to raise and Vesta both, along with this unborn child."

Dell sighed. " You are a strong woman Sister."

~

Luna and Celestina sat on the chairs in the small home of their hideout. Juliet had explained to them that they will be getting rid of the bodies soon enough. Though, they both knew that she would never do it.

" Are we gonna continue being like this?" Luna asked her twin. Celestina looked up from her lap.

" What are you talking about?"

" I mean, continuing being...different?" She touched the sign that was on her neck. " I want to live a normal life with someone I will love some day. I don't want to be here forever."

Celestina gave her sister a small smile before patting her shoulder. " That is why we're here. We want that freedom as well, but we will fight for it. Nothing should stand in our way to gain that freedom."

Luna shook her head. " I wonder how you gotten such a big imagination. Sometimes I'm envious."

" We're twins, surly we share the same imagination."

Luna frowned. " No, because you're mind is more free than mine--which only wonders about when we will be found, and be killed for these signs that we didn't choose to have."

Celestina narrowed her eyes. " Luna, you must not think that way. We were free once and we will be free again. Our destiny was to save the world from those men, and that's what we're gonna do. I had heard from Joshua that they have attacked Holden--which isn't too far from us. When the time comes, we will be ready."

Luna sighed. " In Holden huh? Alright, I'll be ready."

Joshua then came into the room with a book in his hands. " Alright, we have to practice now. They should be coming by soon enough."

Luna smiled. " I hope you're ready for a battle Joshua, because this one will determine out fate."