Chapter 1

Konata and Kagami have always been the best of friends ever since they were little, but there has always been that, how do you say... awkward tension between each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a sunny day in May, and Konata was sitting down at her school desk staring blankly at the teacher as she dragged on about some lecture about the Edo period. It didn't take long before the blue-haired girl started daydreaming about her best friend Kagami, who was unfortunately in a different class than her. "Why does class have to be so long? I wanna see Kagami already..." The short girl thought to herself, then realising that the teacher was standing right beside her. "Well? What's the answer Izumi?" Ms. Kuroi spoke whilst looking down at her; quite unamused. The otaku just gazed at her Homeroom teacher, before she finally opened her mouth and said "...21?". Without even a second of thought, Nanako hit her student on the head with the text book she was holding. "Concentrate Konata..." She sighed as she resumed to teach the lesson. "Ow..." Konata said, rubbing her sore head. Not long after the bell rang, indicating it was the end of the school day. "Finally!" Kona said ecstatically, as she quickly got up out of her seat and ran outside. She then remembered that Kagami had told her to wait for her outside of the gate, so she patiently did awaiting for her best friend to appear.

It didn't take long before Kagami showed up, and approached the long haired girl. "Hey, you ready to go?" She spoke calmly, smiling. "Kagamiiiiin~!" Konata called as she tightly hugged the tsundere. "Awh, well aren't you in a lovey mood today." The purple-haired girl giggled slightly and hugged back. "Yesss, only for my one and only tsun-tsun~" The otaku winked, which quickly turned into her signature cat grin. You could see the shrine maiden get rather flustered by the comment, to which she replied "Shut it you". The gamer then spoke again saying "You know you love it really".

"Anyway, let's go." Konata said, leading the way to her house with Kagami following not far behind. They both agreed that they'd meet up at her house this time, seeing as though they usually meet up and Kagami's place. As soon as they get there, Konata grabbed Kagami's hand and ran to her room and shut the door. The tomboyish girl then gazed at Kagami, completely silent, looking like she was urging to tell her something. "Uh... Is there something on my face?" The tsundere questioned, breaking the silence. "Kagami... I need to ask you something..." The short girl eventually managed to say. "Oh erm, sure. What is it? Her best friend then replied. "I... I..." Konata said, not exactly sure what to say. The blue-haired girl just stared at Kagami."Kagami..." She began to speak but trailed off. Konata just decided to stare at Kagami, getting ready to tell Kagami the big secret...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note~

Hope you liked this chapter, yeah it might have been a bit boring, but I promise it will get better. I should be updating the next chapter soon, til then my pretties~

Kagami x