Chapter 1

(Alex's POV)

I looked up at the cloudy sky and knew it was definitely gonna rain. But then again we're moving to Seattle and now we're IN Seattle, so of course it was gonna rain. My mom was smiling and tapping her fingers on the steering wheel, listening to some Maroon 5 song on the radio, while I was listening to The Killing Moon by Echo & The Bunnymen on my iPod. I looked at all the towering buildings, the people walking, and the cars driving by.

As I was getting lost in the song, my mom tapped me on the arm. I paused the song and pulled one earbud out, and looked over at her. She smiled and said "We're here baby." And pointed to the same tall apartment building she showed me in pictures. Once we parked, we got some of our stuff out of the car, while the movers were taking care of our furniture. We started grabbing what we could out of the car, and walked towards the elevators. When we got there, we waited on one and when the doors opened, we were the only ones that went inside. Once we got to our floor, mom said "Look out for apartment 72, that's us."

I nodded and when I saw 72 on big gold letters on a pitch black door, I said "Found it." Mom took the keys out and unlocked the door, before opening it. We quickly walked in and put our stuff down, and sighed. Mom groaned and said "Ugh, we gotta go back." I chuckled and said "Aww come on mom, it's good for us, builds character." And we went back downstairs. When we got our second trip rounded up, we walked back to the elevators and waited. That's when the door behind us opened, and some guy walked in. 

He looked like he just finished working out or something, cause he was sweating and panting...Plus he was wearing workout clothes. He looked up at us, and I saw he was attractive...Very attractive. He was tall, a little on the pale side, and has pretty green eyes. I also noticed he has darkish short brown hair, some facial hair, and was strong. He was wearing black basketball shorts, black and red Nikes, a dark grey muscle shirt, and a grey zip up jacket...But even with the jacket on, I could tell he had strong arms. 

He smiled at us both, then his eyes landed on me. His smile grew and he had perfect pearly whites. I smiled and the elevator doors opened. He asked "Do you guys need some help with those?" Mom smiled and said "Yes, that would be great, thank you." He nodded and grabbed one box from mom, and one from me. I noticed his arm flexing through his jacket, and I snapped back to reality. 

We got on the elevator and waited for the doors to close. Once they did he asked "Where to?" mom said "Six please." He nodded and pressed the button to six and said "That's good, cause I live on six, too." Mom smiled, and I knew that look. I looked over and realized he was looking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up a little, and I looked away. When we got to our floor, he followed us to our place. Then mom opened the door, and we set the stuff down. He asked "Was that it?" Mom said "Sadly, no. But I think we can get the rest in one more trip."

I said "No mom, stay here and rest, I'll go with him to grab the rest." She asked "Are you sure honey?" I nodded and said "Yeah, you've been driving this whole time, take a break." She nodded and I kissed the top of her head. "We'll be back." And him and I walked out. We walked in silence until we reached the elevator, and we got on....When the doors closed and we were the only two on there, I realized it was just me and the crazy hot guy next to me....

Great.