Alex and Gary Know the Truth

It was a normal morning and Alex and Gary were reading the newspaper, mainly for Gary's homework. As they were looking Alex sees something on the paper.

After 2 Months the 5 Kids Haven't Been Found

"Is this the story of the 5 missing children incident?" Alex asked his brother. Since he was still in a coma when this happened he didn't know the whole story.

"Yep." Gary said. When he turned the page, this changed everything they had about their adopted father Vincent. When looking at the paper, their adopted father, Vincent Vine, was the main suspect of the whole crime.

Vincent came down stairs and when he saw the paper his eyes widen when he read the title, and seeing the shocked faces on his sons. "Oh. My. God." Was all Gary could say from this. Vincent looked down and walked over to his shocked sons.

Vincent didn't know what to do at this point. Was he going to tell them, was he not? Can he lie, impossible seeing his picture is in the paper. All he did was walk towards his boys, by the time he got there he made the choice on what too tell them.

"Boys." Vincent started. "I have something that I've been hiding since you were both adopted." Alex and Gary looked at each other, and back at their dad.

"Daddy, what are you hiding?" Alex asked.

Vincent sighed he knew it was coming. "Boys I did something terrible." He said holding back tears of regret. As he was telling them the cries, the screams, his laughter were playing through his head. Gary and Alex looked at each other again, and this time shocked seeing their dad had an explanation on why he was in the paper. "The kids are dead." He said.

Gary and Alex gasped knowing from movies they've seen that's what a killer would say. All this time their father, the one who gave them a home, the one they trusted, the one they loved was the killer all along. Gary was furious, while Alex was in tears.

Vincent knew his boys would react like this, so he tried to reach out to them. "B-boys." Vincent said. When he tried to reach out for Alex, but Alex darted to his room in tears. "Alex!" Vincent yelled. He looked down and looked at Gary, hoping he could reach out to him.

Before Vincent could say a word, Gary looked at him with a glare. "Don't talk to me!" Gary yelled running toward Alex. Vincent stood heartbroken, and ready to cry.

"I'm so sorry..." Vincent whispered sobbing. A bit later Vincent told Briana the whole ordeal, and though she was sad for her boys, she knew Vincent had to tell them some point. Later, it was around dinnertime, and Vincent decided to call the boys to come down and eat.

"Boys dinner time." Vincent said as he knocked on the door, but no reply. Vincent frowned, but kept trying. "You guys have to eat some point. You can't be locked in your rooms forever.

"We're not hungry!" Gary yelled through the other side of his door. Vincent frowned and went back to join his wife, and baby daughter Victoria for a sad quiet dinner.

After dinner, he saw Gary's door slightly open and saw Gary lying down reading a magazine, and Alex asleep. Vincent felt bad he did this to his sons, he got so close to them months ago, and now he lost that trust. Gary looked up when he saw his dad, and pushed him out.

"G-Gary?" Vincent asked.

"I hate you." Gary replied slamming the door. The slam was loud enough to crush Vincent's heart. Vincent looked down and cried more. Even when he went to bed, he was still in tears as he looked at a picture with him, Gary, Alex, his wife, and Victoria for a family photo.