Character Profile

Hi guys,

Sorry for the wait, but here is Kurami's character profile. I have to warn you though, it is quite detailed, but I won't reveal everything about her (wouldn't want to give everything away now ^-^).

Full name: Kurami Akuma Namikaze (the name 'Kurami' means 'dark beauty')
Age: 18
Looks: Long, straight black hair that falls to her waist, amethyst purple eyes and ivory skin.
Height: 5"9
Personality: She is a very kind person who is fiercely loyal to her village and hokage, however, she loves her friends and family even more and is very protective of them. She is willing to go to any lengths to keep the people she cares about safe, even if it costs her her life. She is confident, intelligent and normally calm, but can be dangerous to those she views as a threat to her and her loved ones. She can be merciless, and sometimes even cruel, when dealing with enemies that have hurt- or plan to hurt- anyone she cares about.

Background: Kurami was born to the Akuma clan, which used to be the strongest clan in Konoha, alongside the Uchiha clan, and her parents were the clan leaders. At the age of five, her whole clan was massacred one night by an unknown person, with Kurami as the only survivor. She was put into the orphanage, but left after a month and refused to return, so the hokage allowed her to live by herself in a small apartment. She was adopted two years later by Minato and Kushina, who got to know her after they saved her from being abducted. Kurami lived with her adopted parents happily for the next five years, entering the ninja academy and rising up the ranks at a faster rate than normal ninja. On her thirteeth birthday, she was made a jounin and given a five year training mission where she was to also gather information on enemy villages (as it was the time of the third shinobi war).  A few months after Kurami left, the Kyuubi attack occurred and killed her parents, which she found out a couple of days later. The death of her adopted parents and unborn sibling was the final straw which caused her to withdraw into herself and fear getting close to others incase they died and left her alone as well. (The five years she has spent outside the village will be uncovered throughout the story).

Clan Abilities: access to two modes; Heaven and Hell, which have three stages. Each stage gives the user a unique ability. No two clan members have the same ability. The ability they manifest is a reflection of who they are and what best fits their fighting style (hence why there has never been two of the same abilities). However no one in the clan, except the founder, has ever mastered both modes completely as it requires a huge sacrifice to unlock a stage in each mode. Kurami has her Heaven mode and unlocked all three of its stages. She has been unable to obtain the Hell mode which is the hardest one to gain. It is extremely difficult to even get one mode and usually takes the user years, two has only ever been achieved once, so no one knows the true extent of the Heaven and Hell modes. Along with all of this, Kurami can use  light and dark chakra which allows clan members to perform some of their most powerful clan jutsus.

Jutsus: Kurami has a large arsenal of jutsus varying from E-rank to S-rank. She uses them very creatively and in an unpredictable manner to confuse and defeat her enemies. Some of the jutsus she has are some that she has created herself. She developed one during the war which completely obliterated half of the enemy army during a battle, marking the beginning of her fearsome reputation throughout the nations . However, the jutsu uses up a lot of chakra in one go and Kurami usually faints after using it, despite having abnormally large amounts of chakra. Only she can use this jutsu as it requires both light and dark chakra, and she uses it as a last resort.

Weapons: Kurami's main weapon is a scythe called Eternal Moon which was passed down to her from the founder of the Akuma clan. It has a conscience and will of its own, it always returns to Kurami if separated, no one but her can handle the scythe and it is unbreakable. It still has some unknown powers which Kurami will discover the more she uses it. Other than her scythe, she uses a pair of long daggers with serrated edges as her secondary weapon. Kurami uses the standard ninja weapons (kunai, shuriken, senbon etc) as well, but usually only for long ranged attacks. She can also use a katana , but she rarely uses this as she is not as good at using it as her other weapons (she's still learning).

Weaknesses:

• If someone she loves is being held hostage and there is no way to save them, she will surrender herself.
• She fears being alone and losing her precious people.
These two fears, if acted upon in a fight, can either make her weaker (as she can become irrational) or extremely dangerous to everyone if she loses control of herself (you'll find out what I mean later in the story). She has a very short temper when people insult or harm the ones she loves and protects.
• She is  claustrophobic, but manages it fairly well and it really only affects her badly when it's used against her in a fight or when she's in a small, dark place without anyone she's comfortable with nearby. So far, she has never been in a situation where her hidden fear has been discovered and exploited by anyone (and so she doesn't know just how debilitating it could be for her).

Well that is the character description of Kurami. If you have any questions then please ask and I will answer them. I realise that I have made Kurami very powerful but she does have weaknesses and to get as powerful as she is now, she had to make a lot of sacrifices and go through a lot of pain which a normal person could never even imagine.