Chapter 23

(A:N - Wow everyone, thank you for all your support through comments and votes, it really means a lot to me . I'm so sorry for not updating since before Christmas, things have been quite hectic lately and I've been under a lot of stress. That is my explanation for not writing and I hope you can understand and accept it, I really do apologise to everyone who waited so patiently and eagerly for the next chapters and also thank you for doing so. I also want to apologise for scaring a few of you with my last chapter, especially you Slowmara, but all will be explained the more you read (as soon as I update, of course). Thank you so much for waiting, I can't promise regular updates, but I'll do my best! Without further ado, here is the next chapter. It's a bit longer to make up for not updating in so long. Enjoy! ^-^)

It was late in the evening and the sky had darkened significantly. After everything that had happened that day, Kurami and her siblings were exhausted, but there was one more thing to be done before they could sleep. All of them. "Gaara, sweetie, I need to ask you something." Kurami spoke up as her brothers' made themselves comfortable in a sleeping bag she had unsealed earlier, Mika and Yoru wrapped around them protectively.

Gaara lifted his head up to look at her. "Yes, Kurami nee-chan?" He inquired curiously.

 "Earlier, I mentioned that I would seal your tailed beast away properly so that you won't be affected by him anymore. I thought it might be best to do it now since there is nothing to distract me or interfere with the sealing process here. It will take a few hours and you'll have to be as still as possible the whole time. Also, as I set the seal it will hurt for a few minutes, but this is at the very end and I will try to do it as fast as I can. I promise you that once it's done, you'll feel a lot better, it will be worth it sweetheart. Do you want to go through with this?" Kurami looked at her little brother and waited for his response patiently, giving him time to think about what she had said.

Naruto also watched Gaara curiously, tilting his head to the side and rubbing an eye blearily, a yawn forcing its way out of his mouth. Kurami gave him a soft smile. "It's alright Naruto, you can go to sleep if you want, you look very tired."

He suddenly sat up straight and shook his head, a determined expression plastered across his weary face. "No thanks nee-chan, I'll sleep when everyone else does!" He insisted, receiving soft chuckles from his siblings. Kurami nodded before her attention was brought back to Gaara as he spoke.

"I...I want you to seal my beast." He said slowly, but surely, his sea-green eyes serious and unwavering. 

Kurami clapped her hands together before standing. "Alright," she murmured to herself, taking out a pure black scroll from inside her cloak and running some of her dark chakra through it. A clone of her appeared along with the objects inside the scroll, and immediately the clone started setting up a barrier around the campsite, placing glowing blue crystals on the ground in a wide circle around them.

 Once the circle was completed, the air shifted subtly before all noise ceased. Gaara and Naruto could see nothing different about their surroundings, the trees outside the circle still swayed slightly in the cool breeze, a curious rabbit peering back at them from a cluster of bushes nearby. The only different was that it was unnaturally silent; the sound of the whistling wind and chattering of animals had stopped. The clone nodded to Kurami and vanished silently and without a trace of smoke.

Naruto broke the silence. "Nee-chan, what's with the blue stones, and how did your clone vanish without any of them cloudy stuff?" 

Kurami giggled at his perplexed expression. "Those stones are from the summoning world and they can be used to set up impenetrable barriers. Normally you cannot bring anything from that world into this one, however, those crystals belong to the wolf summons, and if you are contracted to them, you have access to the crystals. As for my clone, that wasn't a normal clone. That was a dark clone, made from my dark chakra, usually used to spy on enemies and gather information because they make no noise and cannot be detected at all if that is their given purpose. They have a will and conscience of their own, can think independently and make their own decisions. They dispel themselves whenever they want and they can do so without the normal appearance of smoke, which signals the release of chakra. The dark chakra vanishes with the clone and is transported directly back to me. Only my dark clones can handle the crystals from the summons world, they implode in any other's hands and are highly toxic to the touch." She explained.