Chapter 1: Moving Day

(Originally written during the time period near the Christmas episode)
-YN's POV-

   I sighed as I barely managed to push a heavy box up my new driveway. I had just moved to this street, and I had WAY too much stuff to carry inside, not to mention put in place. This would be fun. Note the sarcasm.
     While having that thought in mind, I heard two people walking past, talking. I turned to them. One was a guy with a red hoodie on,  mask covering his face. The other was a girl who had black hair and tan skin along with seemingly orangish colored eyes. Huh, I thought. They noticed me.
     "Oh, hey! Did you just move in?" the girl asked me.
     "Uh, yeah, I did. I'm Y/N," I replied. "I'm Aphmau. This is Aaron." Aaron nodded. He didn't seem one for conversation, apparently. Aphmau seemed like she could probably talk the ear off a brick wall, if it had ears, so she made up for that.
     "Looks like we're your new neighbors!" Aphmau said cheerfully. "Need some help getting your stuff inside?"
     "It would be much appreciated, yeah."

*****

     The three of us were all sitting on the couch, resting after the back breaking work of moving all my crap into the house. I thanked them for their help.
     Aaron said "No problem," and left. Well then.
     "So, are Aaron and I the first people in the neighborhood you've met?"
     "Hm? Oh. Yeah, actually. Haven't really had a chance to say hello to anyone, really."
     "Right. Well, I'll fill ya in on who's who just so you're already somewhat familiar with everyone. The house next to yours is where Garroth, Laurence, and Dante live. Garroth has blonde hair, Laurence's is more of a brown, and Dante's is blue. Shouldn't be too hard to remember. On the other side of them is where Aaron lives. Across from Garroth and the other two is where my two friends, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan, and I live. Katelyn has light blue hair and Kawaii~Chan has pink. Kawaii~Chan also has cat ears and a tail, so it's not to hard to find her in a crowd."
     "So she's a Meif'wa?"
     "Yeah. And beside us lives Brendan. He's got dark brown hair. And well, the last one is Zane. He's, well... You'll know him when ya see him. Black hair. Tendency to wear a lot of black. Possibly a Christmas sweater given to him by a cat."
     "Wait, what?"
     "Long story. Don't ask. It's complicated. Anyway, think you can remember that?"
     "Pretty much, yeah. Thanks again, Aphmau. Merry Christmas."
     "No problem, Y/N. Merry Christmas!"
     She left. I was curious about this 'Zane' person, though. What did she mean by 'I'll know him when I see him'? Odd. I looked out the window, and saw that it was getting late. I went upstairs and crashed onto my bed. This should be quite the adventure.