Chapter 9: End of A-Con (FINALE)

-3rd person POV-

"So what's so important you couldn't say it in front of Aphmau?" Zane asked Aaron. He'd asked Zane to follow him outside to talk about something, though Zane had no idea what.
"I need to ask you a question and I need you to answer honestly."
"Go on..."
"Are you in love with Aphmau?"
Zane jumped back in surprise and shock from the question.
"Wh-what?!"
"Are you in love with her?"
"Wh-why are you asking me such a question?!"
"I need to know."
"Wh-why is is any of your business?! Give me one good reason why you feel the need to ask me such an INAPPROPRIATE question!"
"I... I want to ask her to be my girlfriend..."
Zane looked away.
"Wha-... I-I thought you two had already talked about holding off... Because everyone else wouldn't leave you alone. She told me you both said it would be selfish..."
"I don't care if it's selfish anymore... When I saw you and her at the dinner with your mother, I thought I'd lost her to you. It hurt. It was hard for me to watch. It was the only time I could say I was truly jealous of someone being there next to her..."
"I could tell. I was... Hoping to take her from you..."
"So you do love her then?"
"I-I... I don't know. I know she likes you a lot... And I don't want to get in between you two... But I don't want you to take her from me. I love hanging out with her. So if you do ask her... To be yours... Promise me you won't keep her to yourself."
"You're her best friend and I'd never take that from you. So are you going to be okay with this?
"You don't need my permission. I'm not her father, you know."
"Heh, you were once."
"HEY! That doesn't count! ... Heh... Aaron, go for it. You have my blessing... Besides... I have someone else in mind..."

*****
-Y/N's POV-

I was at A-Con with Aphmau, Zane, and the rest of the group. Zane had asked me to follow him to one of the hotel rooms. When we got there, he took off his scarf, allowing me to see his face, grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently.
"Y/N... I've asked you this once before, and you may have said no, but... I'm not giving up that easily... I love you, Y/N... Please... Will you be my girlfriend?"
I felt my face heat up. Honestly, I'd been hoping he'd ask me again. I hadn't meant to say no the first time. I'd just kinda freaked out...
"Z-Zane... I-I... Y-yes... I'll be your girlfriend..."
He smiled at me, and kissed me the same way he had at the restaurant, and this time, I kissed back. When we pulled away, we heard voices in the next room. Aphmau's and Aaron's.
"W-we've talked about this... What everyone else would think..." Aphmau was saying.
Zane chuckled. "Well, looks like I'm not the only guy asking someone out today. Come on."
He put his scarf back on, and we went into the next room, still holding hands, right when Aphmau said, "A-and Zane..."
Zane spoke, "Heh, you don't need to worry about me. Aaron and I talked about this... And I've got someone else... We'll leave you two be..."
We walked back into the other room.

*****

After Aphmau and Aaron announced they were dating, Zane and I did the same. Garroth just about lost his mind, since his little brother had finally managed to get a girlfriend. He didn't seem sure whether to congratulate his little brother or give me the "hurt him and I kill you" speech. As all this went on, I noticed something... Something about the way Laurence had looked at Garroth...

Well there's my half effort edit of the final chapter. If you made it this far into the book, and you're reading this, why are you still here?? The next book is already out! I haven't updated in months and it's complete crap, not to mention confusing for a lot of people, but still! Go read it! Or don't. Your choice.