Chapter 2: Familiarity

Key:
H/C: hair color
E/C: eye color
Y/N: Your name

-Y/N's POV-

     I woke up with a start. That had been one weird dream. I relived it in my mind before getting out of bed.
     A strange man with black hair and blue eyes (well, I assume they both were blue, since his hair covered one of his eyes) was there in the dream.
     Who are you? I asked him.
     Don't you recognize me? Aphmau DID say you'd know me when you saw me, after all, and this isn't the first time we've met.
     I considered that for a moment. It couldn't have been him. It couldn't have been the Zane I knew all those years ago, could it?
     Stop dwelling on things, I told myself. You've got work to do!
     I figured that since I'd gotten everything organized yesterday with the help of Aphmau and Aaron, I should probably go shopping today for furniture and groceries and such. I quickly got ready and headed out the door. I decided that since the weather was so nice, I'd walk there.
     As I walked down the street, I once again found myself lost in thought, wondering about that dream. I bumped into someone.
     "Hey! Watch it where you're going!"
     I recognized that voice. It belonged to the man I'd seen in my dreams. My Irene, that sounded cheesy, but you get my point. He looked exactly like him: black hair, blue eyes, black and grey hoodie. He looked so much like the boy I knew years ago. So that's what she meant...
     "Oh! Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. My bad. Also, it's not very kind of you to yell at people, especially if what happened was an accident."

-Zane's POV-

     I looked at the girl in front of me, puzzled. I recognized her, but I couldn't figure out from where. There was something about her that was so familiar:  her H/C hair, her E/C eyes, even her voice.
     "My bad. I've just had a fairly annoying week, and I lost my temper. Sorry again."
     I'm normally not one for apologizing, but I felt like I should. She simply smiled.
     "It's fine. I'm Y/N, by the way. Nice to meet you."
     "I'm Zane. Nice to meet you too, I suppose. So what brings you through the neighborhood?"
     "I just moved in a few houses down."
"Oh, really? Welcome to the neighborhood, then."
     "Thank you. Well, I better be going. Busy day ahead of me. I guess I'll see you around, Zane."
     "I suppose you will. Goodbye, Y/N."
     She continued walking down the street. Where do I know her from...?