Chapter 1

First Upload, wrote this for an english class assignment 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Stewart Copeland the year is 1965 and I am 13 years old. My father works in the FBI and has been placed in Lebanon with the rest of his family, my mother Lorraine and my older brother Ian.

At the moment there is some pretty hectic stuff going on in Lebanon, which my intellectual capacity cannot yet comprehend, so they say. I was walking home from the American Embassy (where all the American and British kids can hang out) and my brother Ian stops in front our house. I come up beside him and follow his gaze. Five bullet holes are scratched into our house (at this point in time, the reader must know that Ian and I have no idea as to what daddy does for a living).

A woman is screaming in the distance (we hear this a lot and never really take much notice) my brother and I turn simultaneously and discover that the woman screaming is our mother. As we walk over to her, some officers from the Lebanese army surround her. Our next-door neighbor Kim Philby is standing with them sorting stuff out.

My brother (who is 15) storms over and tries to take charge of the situation but is knocked over by one of the four guards like nothing more then a fly. I run to his aid, ready to fight along side him like we have done so many times before, but I am dismissed by Mr. Philby and stand down.

The guards all look the same: scary, professional, deadly and dangerous. Not much to make up there facial features. As the conversation goes on I discover that their names are Jean-Marc, Manal, Bashir (he looked like he would bash-e you up too) and Nazem. But I can think of other names, liar, murderer, suspicious and guilty.

I can’t take it much longer, so I scream out “what the hell is going on!” after getting a belt up from the guards (much to my mothers pain) Mr. Philby says, “those bullet holes in your house, hit your father.” Within two seconds I think of four things. Who did it? Why did they do it? How will I find them? And the last thought, daddy is dead.