Chapter 4

Its 12:00am and brother and I have snuck out to investigate our house without mother knowing. We climb up to the balcony and get into the house through my bedroom. As we walk down the stairs, we discover a horrible sight. Jesus! Couldn’t they clean up a bit, maybe move the dead body that was once daddies? Or would that be too much of an ask?

The older one (as I like to call my brother) coldly walks and inspects the area affected by death and coldness and hatred. He finds three bullets, holds them up to me so I can have a good look (I swear, the only person who treats me as an equal and never underestimates me is my beloved brother) I look over and count the holes in the wall. One, two, three, four, five.

Hmmmm, two of those bullets, exactly like the ones in brother’s hand, shot from the same gun, in the same minute now lay in the body on the ground who I once called ‘daddy’. My brother is pretty good with guns, and identifies that they came from a .22. Hmmmm, where have I seen them in the past week, the four guards and… Mr. Philby.

I think my brother and I realize this at the same time, he immediately kicks open the front door storms outside and to the neighbors house, I’m hot on his heels, but wait, the guards are there, and we can’t storm into a man's house and accuse him of murder, that's rude, if he was in our house maybe, but its still rude, not to mention, the trouble we –brother and I- would be in.

we get in through the back door and make our selves known as we entre the dinning room. Without looking Mr. Philby tells me to go away, I open my mouth to speak, but my partner in solving crime pipes up first. “No! If anyone should be leaving its you.” That part of the conversation ended then.

The same gullible oafs of the law are here too. Jean-Marc, Manal, Bashir and Nazem. How wonderful! Oh how I have missed them so! I have made the decision that business will start now. With one upward head nod to my brother he discreetly goes and makes sure all of the doors and windows are closed. Brother returns to my side and puts something in my hand. One bullet. That sets me off. I go into a big speech that tells them everything from going back home to finding the bullets to telling them that we know what’s going on.