Ch.09 Marked

That night, after they both marked each other, Levi immediately ushered Eren to sleep. The Alpha was so eager about being on the same bed as his mate for the first time –in an innocent way—, it made him unaware of Eren's quietness.

That, or Eren was good at hiding his feelings about the mark on Levi's neck.

In no time, Levi already fast asleep while holding Eren's hand and intertwined their fingers together.

As for Eren, he was too distracted by Levi's marked neck, making him unable to sleep.

Eren's mark on Levi was a wing-like shaped mark. It was so beautiful.

But here's the catch.

There, around Eren's mark was shown another mark. It almost faded away, but the brunette could see it as a random splattered-shaped mark. No matter how many times Eren staring at it, there was no doubt that Levi's neck looked like it had been marked by someone other than Eren.

'Levi had been marked before. But by who?' Eren thought bitterly while his tan fingers tracing onto the shape of his mark around Levi's neck.

It was a wonder to Eren as to why Levi allowed himself to be marked by someone other than Eren; his mate, his one and only soul mate.

'How could he?'

Eren wanted to cry.

'Why Levi did this to me, to my wolf?'

Eren's wolf was hurting inside him.

Eren was so deep in his thought, he didn't even realise that he was crying; making the pillow that he used became wet with his tears.

Upon hearing Eren's low sobs, Levi abruptly jerked awake by instinct. He tightened the grip on his intertwining fingers with Eren, while he used the other to wipe away the tears on the tan cheeks.

"Hey, Eren. What happened? Bad dreams?" Levi asked softly.

Eren shook his head furiously as a reply. He was now sobbing harder than before.

"Then what's wrong? Tell me," Levi lie closer to Eren and hugged him tightly, his thumb was rubbing on Eren's back soothingly.

"—you..."

"Hm?"

"How could you?"

"What are you talking about, Eren?"

Still sobbing, Eren looked at Levi with teary eyes, "The mark that I put on your neck, it surrounded by almost faded mark from I-don't-know-who. You... You let yourself being marked by someone other than me. How could you— Ugh! Hic!" He tried to wipe the tears away harshly with the back of his hand.

"Eren, stop that. Eren, shhh!" Levi pried Eren's hand away and wiped the tears with his own pale hands. He leaned forward and kissed each of Eren's eyes lovingly.

"No! Let go," Eren tried to resist, but Levi got a good gold on him.

Levi was now hugging Eren tightly and rested his face on the tan shoulder.

Eren could feel Levi's lips moving on his tan skin, and later, he could see Levi's shoulder shaking.

Levi was actually trying to maintain his laugh.

Eren gasped in disbelief, "You! Are you laughing at me? You—"

'Is this some kind of joke to him?' Eren thought with annoyed face, a bit furious with how Levi reacted.