The Midnight Game

(A/N)
I've done a little bit of research for the "Midnight Game". If you don't want to read about the game you can skip this paragraph because you won't be missing anything. If you do want to know a little bit about the game here is what I found out:
The "Midnight Game" is actually an ancient pagan ritual that was used in the dark ages to punish those who broke the laws and tradition of the religion. Recently, the game has become popular with kids and teenagers on the Internet, who perform the ritual to summon the midnight man. They do it as a dare or as a thrill-seeking exercise, little knowing how dangerous this ancient ritual really is.
So that's all I found out. Apparently, it's not even a game. It's a whole punishment. I still wouldn't recommend playing it. If you want to, go ahead. Just saying, it's a horrible idea.
That's the end of the author's note. So now, here's what you've been waiting for. (Oh and just so you know, this is going to be a long chapter so yeah just a heads up. It's mostly me telling you not to play this ritual.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preparations:
To play the Midnight Game you will need:
•A large candle
•A piece of paper
•A pen or pencil
•A box of matches or a lighter
•A container filled with lots of salt
•A needle or a pin
•A house with a wooden front door
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From what I've heard you need a wooden front door or it won't work. And if you're wondering what the salt is for, it's for protection. Not that kind of protection. You're not doing it with the Midnight Man. If you're dirty-minded you would laugh. Or not. I'm not funny. Yes, I am. No I'm not. Probably. That's not for me to say though. I'm going to stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inviting "Him" Instructions:
Step 1: Write your name on the paper. It must be your full name
•First name •Middle name •Last name
-
Step 2: Prick your finger and place a drop of your blood on the paper. Allow the blood to soak in.
-
Step 3: Turn off all the lights in your house. And I mean all of them (lamps, night lights, etc). Once your done, stand at your front door. The door must be wooden.
-
Step 4: Place the piece of paper in front of the door. Light the candle and place it on top of the piece of paper.
-
Step 5: At the stroke of midnight, knock on your front door 22 times. You must finish knocking before the clock turns to 12:01 AM.
-
Step 6: Open the front door and blow out the candle.
& last, but not least
Step 7: Close the door and immediately relight the candle as fast as you can.
-
You just invited the Midnight Man into your home.
Now, the Midnight Game begins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ritual Instructions:
You must walk around the house in the dark with the lit candle in hand. Your goal is to avoid the Midnight Man at all costs until exactly 3:33 AM. If your candle goes out, it means the Midnight Man is near you. You have to relight the candle within 10 seconds or the Midnight Man will get you. The candle is your only protection.
If you're able to relight the candle within 10 seconds, you can continue moving around the house, avoiding the Midnight Man. You need to remember this.
If you're not able to relight the candle within 10 seconds, this is where the salt comes in. You must immediately surround yourself in a circle of salt. (Like that one SpongeBob episode)
You must remain in the circle of salt until 3:33 AM. The salt is your last line of defense.
Do not step outside the circle of salt before 3:33 AM or the Midnight Man will get you.
If you make it to 3:33 AM without being trapped within the circle of salt, it means you have won the Midnight Game.
Whatever happens, the Midnight Man will always leave at 3:33 AM. It doesn't matter if you had to make a salt of circle or if you won. Either way, the Midnight Man will leave your house. If you're still alive, it's safe to go to sleep.
If you spend the entire game staying in that one spot, this will only result in the Midnight Man find you and you don't want that to happen. It is HIGHLY advises that you keep moving throughout the whole game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I should've put this in the beginning if you wanted to play this, but you are probably reading it all at once first.
Signs That The Midnight Man Is Nearby:
1:) Your candle will blow out.
2:) You will suddenly feel extremely cold.
3:) You will hear a low whisper.
4:) You will see the shadowy figure of a man in the darkness.
The Midnight Game Rules:
DO NOT: Turn on any lights during The Midnight Game
DO NOT: Use a flashlight during The Midnight Game
DO NOT: Fall asleep during The Midnight Game
DO NOT: Use another person's blood on the paper that bears your name.
DO NOT: Try to use a lighter instead of a candle. It will not work.
DO NOT: Attempt to provoke or anger the Midnight Man in ANY WAY.
IT MUST BE: Exactly 12:00 AM when you begin performing the ritual, not a minute behind, not a minute ahead. Otherwise, it will not work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now that you've read the instructions, here is one of the experiences someone had while playing this game:
"I lit the candle and ran around the house freaking out, for about 10 minutes. Then, I heard a door slam somewhere and I admit I started crying. It had to have been about 3 hours and I hadn't seen or felt anything but an occasional chill. Then, what I imagine was about 3:30, I heard a huge crash in the upstairs bathroom. I freaked out and avoided it for a while then went in. As I went to go out, I saw a silhouette and my candle went out. The guy was RIGHT THERE so I basically said 'screw it', threw my candle away, and threw down the best salt circle in history ever made in the dark. I stood there shivering my brains out, for about 3 minutes when I suddenly heard the front door open, and all of my friends ran into the house yelling for me. The lights all came on, and my friend looked at me, and I just collapsed. Scariest thing ever. I do NOT recommend playing the Midnight Game."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those were words from someone who played the game. A piece of advice? Don't go and play this game. This chapter was to tell you a little about this game and the story behind it. I don't really expect anybody to play this game because I am pretty sure no one will be stupid enough to risk their life for nothing. If you think this game sounds fun, here are some things that could happen that will hopefully change your mind for good:
•You can get possessed
•Running around the house with fire is a hazard
•Do you really want to lose blood for a game?
There's some more but you get the idea. Once again, don't go out and play this. It's not safe. It's dangerous. Okay, I've said this way too many times.
Next story will probably be long but hopefully not as long as this one. I don't know what it's going to be about.