one

⠀⠀ Five year old Jongin knew it was love when he first saw the tall boy sitting in the back of the classroom on the first day of school. His mommy had dropped him off with his big, fluffy red coat and backpack, and little Jongin noticed the kid in the back first. His tummy felt weird and he almost wanted to tell Teacher Choi but he didn't want her to worry about him.

⠀⠀ Jongin found it a little weird that he liked a boy though. His mommy always told him that he should find a nice girl to love and marry and Mommy was never wrong, right? Mommy wouldn't lie to little Jongin, no she wouldn't, because she was a good person and a good person didn't lie.

⠀⠀ When it was lunchtime, he went to the same boy he'd been looking at with a bright smile, holding his Spongebob lunchbox in his tiny fists. The boy looked up at him, but he didn't seem to be as excited as Jongin was.

⠀⠀ "Hi, Sehun-sshi!" Jongin waved excitedly, bouncing on the balls of his feet. His class had played an introduction game and he learned that the boy's name was Sehun, and Jongin thought the name was almost as pretty as Sehun himself.

⠀⠀ "Hello." Sehun said, biting into his sandwich and not looking at Jongin even once, turning away quickly. Jongin's lower lip wobbled. Did Sehun not like him? Why would Sehun not talk to him?

⠀⠀"C-can I eat with you, Sehun-sshi?" Jongin asked softly, hoping that he wouldn't cry. He wanted to look cool in front of Sehun and crybabies weren't cool. Jisoo-noona said so. Sehun looked up again at Jongin and shrugged.

⠀⠀ "Sure."

⠀⠀ Jongin grinned from ear to ear and grabbed Soojung's empty chair to sit with Sehun at his desk. He opened his lunchbox noisily and pulled out his own sandwich and a cartoon of banana milk Taemin's mom had bought him.

⠀⠀Sehun glanced at the banana milk before mumbling, "I don't like banana milk." Jongin gasped--how could Sehun not like banana milk? Taemin-hyung said it was the best thing ever and Jongin liked it too.

⠀⠀ "Have you tried it, Sehun-sshi?" Jongin tilted his head. No, Sehun has to like banana milk. Even if Jongin's heart was beating really fast, faster than him running with puppy Monggu, Jongin didn't want to marry someone who didn't like banana milk.

⠀⠀ Sehun shook his head and Jongin beamed. Hurriedly, he took his carton of banana milk and stuck a straw in it, holding it up to Sehun's pretty pink lips.

⠀⠀ "Here, Sehun-sshi! Try it," he urged. Sehun slowly took the carton of banana milk before sucking on the straw for a second. He licked his lips for smiling.

⠀⠀ "I like it, Jongin-sshi!" he said happily before drinking some more. Jongin laughed before eating his lunch.

⠀⠀ Little Jongin knew from that moment that he wanted to be with Sehun for a long, long, long time.