two

⠀⠀ Thirteen year old Sehun knew that he wanted to be a singer since he saw his hyung attempt to audition at an entertainment label and fail.

⠀⠀ He didn't have the smooth, honey-like voice of Kyungsoo, nor the deep yet soothing voice of Chanyeol. Especially not the powerful voice of Jongdae--that was something that not just anybody could gain. However, he was determined to succeed in where his brother did not.

⠀⠀ Sehun vividly remembered the day Jinhun-hyung came back home, looking exhausted with his eyes red and puffy from crying. Sehun wanted to make Jinhun proud, and the best way to do so was to become a singer like Jinhun once dreamed of. So, when he randomly got scouted by SM while he was shopping with his father, Sehun rapidly agreed without a second thought with the support of his family behind him.

⠀⠀ Fast-forward to high school years. Sehun grew up tall and handsome, developing a talent at dancing, rapping, and slowly a grasp at singing. With the help of SM, of course. He was fawned over by the girls, and envied by a good amount of guys. And of course, he had his best friend of twelve years, Kim Jongin by his side.

⠀⠀ "Dude, I almost flunked the English quiz," Jongin moaned in despair as he latched onto Sehun who was walking out of his Math classroom. "When am I going to speak English? We're in Korea, not in America!" he complained as they walked together to the cafeteria.

⠀⠀ Sehun rolled his eyes at his friend's behavior, but didn't bother to push Jongin off. "America isn't the only country with English as the dominant language, stupid." Sehun commented with a flick to Jongin's forehead.

⠀⠀ Jongin screwed up his face and punched Sehun's shoulder, forcing out a yelp of pain from the younger boy. "I'm older, don't talk to me like that young man!" Jongin complained and reached up to transform Sehun's previously styled locks into a messy mop of black hair. Sehun growled before wrapping his arms around Jongin's neck as a chokehold and working his pale knuckles into the older male's brown hair.

⠀⠀ "Yah, ahjussi," Sehun mocked as he released Jongin from the hold and left his arm dangling around Jongin's neck, "Don't mess with the kid that's taller and stronger than you, okay?"

⠀⠀ They strolled into the cafeteria, and they had numerous pairs of eyes looking straight at them in mere seconds. Most of the attention was directed to the one and only Oh Sehun. He was after all, the school king in hockey, extremely attractive, and a good student as well. Jongin, on the other hand, was only a kid in the dance club, but he never minded that his best friend got all of the public eye's attention. No, not at all.

⠀⠀ "Sehun-sshi!" a girl screamed from the other side of. The cafeteria. An uproar of loud screeches pierced the air, mostly female, but Sehun barely batted an eye and bought his lunch--a simple lunch box with rice, eggs, and specially requested tofu, and some water as well. Jongin followed suite, ordering a bowl of stew and taking it to their table in the back corner.

⠀⠀ Jokes and bad puns were exchanged between the two (mostly Jongin), and snarky comments were thrown between them both (courtesy of Sehun). They always had a great laugh when they were together, and lunch was a great way to play around without the teachers giving a damn.

⠀⠀ After what seemed like a thousand of horrible puns and joking sneers, Sehun's eyes strayed off to the big analog clock hung above the entrance to the cafeteria. They widened, and he hurriedly shot up and gathered his things together. Jongin, looking at him confusedly, asked with his mouth full of food, "What's wrong?"

⠀⠀ "Oh, uh--Jinhun is having some problems at work and I need to go help him out." Sehun forced a smile and went to return the tray and metal lunch box to the cook in charge, turning to grab his stuff at the table before he felt an arm latch onto him and turn him around. Jongin.