Chapter 5:

Matts POV:
As school ended I walked up to Elle's locker only to find Logan there acting as if nothing happened. I know what he did. And I'm going to tell her tonight after the party.
"Sup Matthew" the little prick said
"Elle are you ready?" I asked, completely ignoring Logan
"Actually, I have to stop by Logan's car real fast"
"Okay, I'll meet you at your car"
"Okay" , she walked away with Logan
How can he do that to her? How can he keep that a secret? Especially on her birthday. If she was mine I would treat her differently. Anyone would be lucky to have such a girl like her. I can't believe him. 

Elle's POV:
I was excepting a present when I got to his car. It's my own fault, I shouldn't think so selfishly. When we got to the car Logan pinned me up against the car and threatened me.
"You stay away from Matthew, got it?"
"He's my best friend Logan"
"I don't care. Stay away from him"
"He's been my best friend since I was 4"
"Do what I say or he gets hurt"
"Logan just leave him alone" I said, pushing him off me.
I got out of his grip and walked away as fast as I could. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.
"Logan get off of me!" I yelled, trying with all my strength to get away from him.
"I don't think you heard me clearly, nothing good will come if you don't do as I say." Logan said with his hand on my face, squeezing my cheeks.
"You do not tell me what to-"
And that's the first time it happened. He hit me. He punched me.
I stood there in shock. Pain consuming me. I didn't know what to do. Do I scream? Do I cry?
"Elle I am so sorry.." He tried hugging me. I pushed him off, and ran to my car.
Tears streaming down my face, the only person I could think of was Matt.
I needed him so bad.
I ran through the parking lot towards the building, I got to the front steps and sat down.. Head in my palms. Dead silent. I just sat there. Not knowing what to do next.
I finally picked up my board and headed home.
I opened the front door and ran up the steps quickly before my mom could see. I looked into the mirror. Great. I have a black eye. What am I going to tell my parents? What am I going to tell Matt?
Still crying, I decided I needed to call Matt.
*ringing*
"Hello?"
"Hey.."
"Is everything alright?" Matt asked concerned.
Nothing. 
"Elle? You're worrying me."
Nothing. I couldn't get the words out.
"I'm coming over. Hold on." 
And with that, he hung up.
I wanted to tell him so badly, I really did. But I couldn't. I just couldn't.
Within 5 minutes my bedroom door swung open and in walked Matt.
"What's wrong.. What the hell happened to your eye??" Matt half yelled.
"Shhhh! Be quite my mom will hear you!"
Matt sat down on the bed, next to me. For a moment he was silent, as he examined my face.
"Did Logan do this?!"
I said nothing.
"Elle! If he did this I need to know right now!"
Again, I kept quiet.
"Why aren't you answering me?!" He yelled out.
"I'm just taking it all in." I finally spoke.
This much was true. I was taking in the fact that my boyfriend just threatened the most important person to me.  I was taking it in that my boyfriend just hit me.
"What are you taking in exactly?"

Matt's POV:
Logan did this. I just know it. I'm just waiting for her to say the words. I guess she found out what he did, she confronted him, and he hit her for it. I'm going to kill him.