7. Nao's Christmas

Nao's Point Of View

       Hoshimiya's concert was on tv everywhere in tokyo and once again, she chopped down a big Christmas tree.  This year, both Oozora and Hoshimiya chopped down trees.  Hoshimiya's tree was the biggest.
       At a local park,  I saw her on a bench.  She looked really depressed, which wasn't her usual hyper self.  "Whats wrong?" I asked.  Hoshimiya ignored.  Was she still mad at me for the haunted house incident?  When she finally spoke she was so quiet I could barely hear her.  "What was that?" I asked.  "I said it's personal" she said just loud enough that I can hear her.  "So your concerts are on tv.  I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a documentary on you on tv" I said hoping to cheer her up.   "So, you're still ahead of Mizuki in rankings.  Doesn't that make you wanna keep going to stay ahead of her?" I asked.  "Mhm, Mizuki is amazing"  She said finally speaking up.  "Remember how the guys pranked us?" I asked.  Hoshimiya nodded.  "We haven't gotten them back yet, wanna come up with something?"  I asked.  "I'm good"  she said lowering her voice again.  I hate seeing her like this.  "I can't clean with you there" I joked.  "Clean around me"  She said.  "Why don't you tell me whats wrong?"  I said sitting next to her.  "My aunt is coming over."  She said barely loud enough for me to hear.  "That's not so bad is it?"  I said.  "My mom does't get along with her, so I'm trying to think about ways to keep peace in the house."  She said.  "If they fight, stay out of it.  It's simple."  I said.  "But I don't want arguing in my house."  She said.  "I doubt there will be fighting.  Your mom seams too humble."  I said.  "Really?" She said.  I nodded.  Her face lit up like a Christmas tree as she sat up.  "I'm off now, Merry Christmas Suzukawa San"  She said waving.  "Have a good Christmas" I said waving back. 
       I went back home to my family so we could open presents.  Not that I'd care.  My sister known as Yumesaki Tiara, who I call Aneki, opened the door as I walked in.  "Nao kun, just in time"  Aneki said.  My mom threw a present at me.  "Open this one first"  She said with a wink.  Like me, Mom's hair is black, but she has it about waist length and keeps it in a bun.  I opened the present to see a scrapbook of all the pictures from when I was little playing electric guitar.  With the scrap book, there were a bunch of guitar pics and a necklace with a guitar shaped pendant.  "Thanks mom, this means a lot" I said.  "Open up mine"  Aneki said handing it over.  I took off my shoes and walked over.  Inside her present, there was a card that said: "You bad boy, working as a teacher at my rival's school, but nonetheless you're still my baby brother and will always be a kid to me, Merry Christmas Nao Kun" there also was a drawing of a winking bear on the card.  Beside the card, there was a bunch of coupons for frozen yogurt and a video game.  I handed my present over to Aneki.  She opened it up to find some jewelry and a card.  I only wrote simple stuff like Merry Christmas on it.  Things went well for the rest of the day.