Part 2

IshRa Bedroom (After 2 Hours)

Her head felt heavy and eyelids refused to open. First thing she sensed when she regained consciousness was the strong fragrance. She sniffed again to confirm she smelt roses and lilies. She batted her eyelids multiple times and found herself amidst numerous bouquets of white roses and lilies. For a moment she thought she was lying somewhere in a flower shop or a floral exhibition.

She was unable to comprehend why there were so many bouquets around and why she was sleeping so late into the day. A close analysis of her surroundings made her realize that she was lying on their bed in their bedroom.

A sudden jolt of pain in her right ankle and the familiarity of the surroundings reminded her of the events in the morning. Oh! I must have broken my ankle due to the fall, that is why I am sleeping right now.

Yet, she was unable to comprehend who had placed the countless bouquets of her favourite flowers around her and why. She stared at the bouquets to find the answers to who and why, when she found a card attached to each bouquet of different size and different style, carrying the same message I AM SORRY. That's it! Now she knew who and why.

Having found the answer to why she slowly tried to sit up to find where was who.She was sure he must be somewhere around her.

She was right indeed! Raman was sitting on the couch waiting for her to regain consciousness. As soon as he sensed a movement on the bed, he reached to help her sit leaning on the headrest, supporting her back with a pillow.

"Tum theek ho?"

"Hmm" was only what she could manage.

"Paani?"

"Hmm"

He immediately filled the glass on the side table and made her drink.

"Kuch khaogi?"

"Abhi nahi" her voice was hoarse.

"Dard horaha hai?"

"Hmmm"

Concern was evident from his gesture, but he avoided meeting her eyes. Ishita was confused why he was not meeting her eyes.

She wanted to ask him but he held her hand, head still lowered and said "I am sorry Ishita. Maine phir se tumhe dard diya"

Guilt! That's what troubling him she realized. It is not your fault, it was destined to happen' she wanted to tell him but decided against it. She very well knew that Raman would not accept it and continue feeling guilty until she was up on her legs and completely fine. So she thought of doing something unexpected.

"Apko to adat hogayi hai mujhe dard dene ki" she said sternly.

The unexpected accusation made Raman look into her eyes. He found them accusing too. He felt even more guilty. He tightened the grip on her hands and said "Sab meri galti thi Ishita. I am very sorry. Please mujhe maaf kardo"

"Ye achha hai. Pehle dard do phir sorry boldo. Jaise ki sorry bolne se sara dard chala jayega"

"I know ke meri galti maafi ke layak nahi. Tumhari takleef ka maine Mazak udaya. But mai genuinely tumse maafi maangna chahta hun"

"Aapne mere sath bahut galat kiya. Itni asani se mai apko maaf nahi karungi"

"Tum jo kahogi mai who karne ko tayyar hun"