Death Note.

8 years ago my mom was killed.I was there when it all happened, we had just came in the house when someone rushed through the door and grabbed my mom by the throat.

I was 10 at the time and I knew what was happening, but I stood frozen like a piece of ice. The person was in all black so their facial features was unknown to me.

My mom stumbled back and hit her head on the table,blood covered the side of the table where she had hit her head.The person hands were tightly wrapped around her neck.

But, somehow my mom manage to grab the vase from off the table and smash it across the persons head.The unknown masked person hit the floor. My mom picked me up and ran upstairs.

She placed me in my bedroom closet and told me the words I would never forget. "I love you ...what ever happens to me just remember that "my mom said with tears streaming down her pale face.

She locked the closet from the inside so no one wouldn't get in from the outside.I heard a ruckus going on downstairs, I crawled all the way to the back of the closet and curled up in a ball.

Tears poured out my eyes like a hole that just sprung a leak.I was scared for my mom and myself, I heard arguing going on. Then finally the noise that shook my world.

"Boom". The gun shot rang throughout the house, it was the scariest noise ever.

After, the whole incident. I was found by my dad and the police, my dad hugged me so tight I couldn't breathe.He picked me up and slowly walked downstairs, I saw an area that had a huge blood stain but I didn't see my moms body.

All I saw was a note the police officer had in his hands examining it, I jumped down from my dad's arms and slowly walked over to the officer that was holding the note.

The officer looked at me, but I just stared at the note that said :

"Secrets should stay hidden "

----------Present day.

I stumbled out of bed rubbing my shoulder, I guess you can say I slept on the wrong side of the bed. It was 6:30 am. I always woke up early for some reason, I made my way to the bathroom and did my normal routine.

I got dress, I looked at the clock and it was 7:10 am. It was still early.I let my long hair fall over my shoulders.I made my way downstairs, I froze in the middle of the staircase and stared at the front door.

The day of my mother's death hit me again, every morning I go through this.Where I feel like I am going through that experience again.

The front door opened and I stumbled back a little.My dad looked up at me.

"Nina, what are you doing up so early?"he said.

"What are you doing coming home so early? I thought you were already in the house."I said.

My dad smirked and made his way to the kitchen, I followed him.

"Its normal for me to wake up early in the morning but it isn't normal for you to be coming home so early. You were with someone wasn't you? "I said, eager to know.

My dad glared at me.

"Questions like that should go unanswered "He said.

My dad grabbed the orange juice from the fridge and poured some in a glass.

"Your acting like you killed someone "I mumbled.

My dad grabbed his drink and made his way up the stairs to his room.Once again I was left alone.I leaned on the kitchen counter I looked over at the living room where the big blood stain was that unfaithful day.