Chapter 25 - End

Chap 25

"Merry Christmas!" Said an excited Emily. She had snuck it to her fathers room to wake them up for not only her favorite holiday, but also her birthday.

She was turning ten and was hoping to get double presents this year.

It had been three years since Oliver and Andrew adopted her. It had been six years since they had gotten married. Oliver's grandmother had passed away a year before that. It had torn him to pieces but he knew how old she was.

Andrews mother had recovered. She had relapsed twice but managed to get back on her feet. She moved out of that apartment as Andrew and Oliver had managed to afford to but her a small house.

Andrew had become a lawyer and Oliver a psychiatrist.

Oliver hadn't seen his father after what had happened and he had never made an effort to contact him. Andrews uncle kept in contact however. Andrew even went to visit a few times. He made peace within himself and sometimes sees his dad.

Emily had climbed onto their bed and started to jump up and down in a effort to get them to wake up.

"Careful." A tired Oliver responded. Andrew just groaned and rubbed his eyes. Emily stopped jumping and just stood there with a smile wide on her face

"Merry Christmas and happy birthday sweetie." Oliver said he wiped the sleep out of his eyes and put his glasses on. Andrew just tucked his head back into the blankets. He still hasn't mastered the art of getting up yet. Oliver's gave him a light shove and Andrew grumbled a slightly incoherent happy birthday to his daughter.

Oliver got up and picked Emily up off of the bed carried her downstairs. They reached their Christmas tree where they had placed all their presents the night before. Emily had promised not to open them early without them and she stayed true to her word. She instead decided to wake up her parents at six am so that they could open them together.

Andrew followed behind them dragging his feet. The tree was decorated with fake snow, tinsel, baubles and fairy lights that we're currently twinkling.

Emily got her first present which was from Andrew. She knew what it was from the shape as she had Ben begging for one of these but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and act surprised. It was a football. They had started playing it at school at she absolutely loved it and wanted to play at home. Oliver's gift to her was a game for an Nintendo DS she stared at it confused for a moment but then it lead to her surprise. She them got a third present which was from the both of them, a Nintendo DS. She squealed and gave them both a huge hug. She ran upstairs to her room to play her game which left Andrew and Oliver alone on the bottom floor. They laughed at their daughters excitement but know it was time for them to give presents. First went Oliver.

He had managed to get Andrew a Rolex.

"Oh my god." Andrew gasped. He didn't expect something so expensive.

"There's something engrave on the inside."

'To the love of my life, Andrew.'

He gave Oliver the biggest hug he could.

"One more thing."

He gave him a picture frame with a picture of them when they were sixteen. On the back it said, 'these twelve years with you have been the best years of my life, we have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful home and I wouldn't trade that for the world. Every year I spend with you I fall a little more in love. You are the loveliest kind of person. You are so strong and have come so far. You inspire me to be a better person everyday. You and Emily are the most important things in my life. I love you so much, Sincerely Oliver. P.S five tea spoons of sugar isn't that bad.'

Andrew chuckled at the last line but he had tears of joy brimming his eyes. He and Oliver had similar presents as Oliver was about to find out. He opened it up to find a scrapbook. As he opened the scrap book he found that there were pictures from when they were sixteen to pictures of them now with Emily. Each on had a little caption.

"I know it's not much but I hoped you would like it. Now I feel kind of shitty that you got me a Rolex and I got you a scrapbook-" Oliver kissed him to shut him up.

"I love it, it's absolutely amazing." He too now had tears of joy in his eyes.

They took Emily to the park and then to an ice skating rink which was her favorite thing. They had dinner at her favorite restaurant and when they got home, Andrew and Oliver surprised her cake and shush Andrews mom brought to the house.

Andrew and Oliver went through a lot of rough patches and hard times. They
had relapses and recoveries, but now they were truly and honestly okay.

The end.