Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Derek's POV

Once the vehicle stopped, Jil stood up and sighed.
She reached for a blindfold and a needle.

She was beside me before I could blink, and had the needle in my arm before I could even ask her what the hell she was doing.
"What the f-" I started, glaring at her angrily.
"Uh uh," she tutted, "no swearing."
She started wrapping the blindfold around me, so I reached up to punch her arm away.
But I couldn't move.
"What the hell? Why can't I move?" I demanded.
"It's a paralyzing serum" She gave me a grim smile.
My insides started boiling with anger.
'This would be a good time to turn' I thought to myself, willing my body to change into its wolf state.
But because of the serum, I couldn't move.
Therefore, because I couldn't move, I couldn't turn.
Dammit.

Someone loads me onto a stretcher and I can hear Jil barking out orders. I suppose she's in charge or something.
I feel fresh air on my face and regardless of the circumstances, sigh in relief. I've always been more relaxed outside, in the fresh air.

I hear a lock click and a door opening, as they wheel me into a building.

I sniff the air and swallow in surprise.
Simon. Chloe.
They've been here.
Although the scent is faint, at least a day old, they're here. Or they were.
Hope swells up in my chest.
We've gotten out of crap situations like this before haven't we?
So why not this time?

I get wheeled out and into another room, or maybe a hallway, it's hard to tell. It stinks of bleach and cleaning supplies.
We turn left.
I feel my insides start to literally melt.
Assuming that means the serum has, or is in the process, of leaving my system, I try to twitch my finger.
It works
I wiggle my toes.
Successfully.
I want to get up and beat the living snot out of whoever is around me, but I manage to stop myself. I'll move eventually, but it's better to wait, so they don't know the paralyzing serum had worn off.

We turn left again and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by a familiar smell.
I gasp out silently and strain my ears, hoping to hear her voice.
But instead, I hear to scientists talking about whether or not she's going to wake up.
Anger and terror seizes me and I bolt up, screaming her name.
I don't give a shit about whether or not they now know the serum didn't last long.
Because Chloe is in there.
I rip off the blindfold and start shoving people out of my way.
My insides churn signalling a shift but I push back, knowing I needed to get to her now, and shifting takes a while.
I tear my way across the white hallway towards the door the voices were coming from.
Blind rage overwhelms me when what they said sinks in even further.
She might not wake up?
What the hell?
She might not wake up?
Swearing colourfully, I snarl and start shoving at the door, completely ignoring what was going on behind me.

Until another freeking needle gets shoved into my back and I collapse.
Again.

~~~~~~~
Hey guys!

I always feel weird writing Derek's POV because it's obviously going to be different than Chloe's and more like, masculine. Hence, the gruff-ish-ness to it.

I'm thinking the next chapter is probably going to be Derek's POV again (:

HOW WAS YOUR CHRISTMAS?? Merry late Christmas!! haha.
My Christmas was great, but sad it's over :(

Going back to school next week awe :0

ALSO, shoutout to my girl Keelybear01 who's starting a new school soon, good luck bae❤️
(And you guys should go check out her stories, she's a huge Potterhead.)

Probably going to go through and edit this again soon...

Anyways,
Ily all and remember to vote + comment :)