Chapter 2: Funeral.

4 years later 2004

I got ready as I slid on my skin tight black dress for the funeral. The dress hugged my curves so perfectly I know everybody is gonna keep and eye on me. I slid on my black Louboutin heels with the pigalle spikes and applied mascara. I applied burgundy lipstick. I can't believe that I have too go through this again. Fuck it! I lost everything but its okay I still got this enormous amount of cash coming soon to go to the rest of it.

Well the show must go on I can't just leave the funeral that would just look shady. I hate dealing with these people they are so fucking annoying. I pulled up the top of my dress and finally made my way downstairs to the wake before the burial. This day has been going slow.

I tried not to be seen by his mother nor anybody else. Shit here his mom coming. Quick gotta find a hiding spot- damn.

"Ah I can't believe he left us. It wasn't his time! I'm not ready!" She sobbed.

Gee lady get a grip I killed him. "I know I can't believe this is happening either he took my love. I don't think I can love anybody else." I spoke with a raspy voice.

"For what it's worth I know he loved you too he talked about you all the time. Your so strong Jen." She smiled.

"Thank you mama Nae." I responded with a fake smile.

That was cute how he had feelings for me. Sucks I never did with him only the money. The money is the motive in this game. I made my way to the kitchen grabbed me a drink. "Damn this is gonna be a long day." I thought out loud.

"Are you Jen Harris?" This lady asked.

"Yes and you are?" I said concerned. I mean I didn't care about him, but if he was cheating on my then it serves him well to be dead. If so she is beautiful I understand why he would cheat.

"I'm Tae Harris his sister. I'm sorry about what happened." She said lowly.

That makes sense.

"Oh thanks how come I never seen you before?" I asked a bit skeptical.

"The reason you never heard of me is because Jawan cut off all lines with me. We hated each other with a burning passion. I was willing to drop this stupid feud but you know how he is." She confessed.

"Yeah.." I trailed off.

"Well again my condolences." She said as left.

For one she didn't seem that upset about losing her brother. What kind of messed up person would act like that. I hid from everybody in sight till it was time for burial. I had to make myself seem depressed. I went in my purse and pulled out some eyed drops to make my eyes watery. I sat and waited as everybody viewed the body in the casket.

His body was still like he was just sleeping. I watched as aunts and uncle crowd around his casket. Cousins wishing that they can give him one last dap or hug. And me having the satisfaction of knowing who killed their beloved Jawan.

His fans would be devastated, I mean if he had any left. But besides that I'm good. Everybody already went up and payed their respect to the family. Then it was our turn, I let mama Nae go since she was over here making a fool of herself. Then it was Tae or whatever her name was. Last but not least it was me. I had to make it dramatic or they won't believe me. I wasn't going to go overboard like they do on TV.

I crept up to the casket and stared at his body. He looked pale but always had a smile on his face even now he does, well sorta. I did the sign of the cross on my chest and sat back down. The pastor said a few words allowed mama Nae to come up and say something. Now we are off to go burry him. They slowly closed his casket and lowered it at the grave site.

Everyone crowed around the casket as they placed roses on the casket. Tons upon tons of red roses on top of the casket. I looked at my rose, different from all the rest. White, I noticed that this rose still had the thorns on the stem. I pricked my index finger and threw the rose on top last. Momma Nae hugged me once more gave me a kiss on my cheek and left.

I looked around to see an male sitting on the bench in front of a grave. He had sunglasses on, wearing all black blazer. He has a top faded going in to a honey brown. He had flowers in his hands and his head down. This is perfect timing. The guy is vulnerable so that's an easy way into his heart.

I pulled up the top of my dress and made my way over there. I sat down my eyes found the headstone as read it. "He lies beloved Crystal Westbrook. Wife, Sister, and friend. You will be missed."

Thoughts ran through my mind. Is this his wife? Or maybe his sister? Why haven't he noticed me yet?

"Yes?" He said with a groggy voice.

"You here for the funeral?" I asked.

"No." He croaked. His head was still down.

"This your sister?" I said looking at the headstone.

"No.. That's my wife." He said looking at me sadness in his eyes.

"Oh, um I'm Jen." I smiled.

"Craig." He spoke nonchalantly.

"I know how hard it is to lose someone you love." I said thinking of Anthony.

"Oh really well I have to go. Nice meeting you." He said slightly waving and smiling.

Next target.

==========================================

Well here's two. So what do you think? short I know.