Lyn's house

Usually I just went to work and went home but that night was more interesting. you often see people walking home from night clubs at this time but not often you saw girls alone.

For such a graceful looking girl, she carried herself in an unusual manor, lazily almost. She lulled in her pace from time to time as she walked in my direction down the street, swaying frequently. Her eyes were vacant and illusive - drunk, I was almost certain of it.

she stopped abruptly, directly in front of me, making it difficult to finish unlocking my bike from the lamppost I'd locked it to before work. She blinked painfully, like her body was resisting her brain telling her eyes to open.

As she opened her mouth her tongue made a clicking noise, and it seemed obviously dry because her speech was raspy. "I'm not in home harryy" she slurred reading my name tag. "can I sleep on this chair? " she paused as she stumbled into the lamppost. I reached towards her and held out a hand for her to steady herself.

"I can't find my key I'll find it tomorrow "she said.

I glanced around really confused but no one acknowledged my expression of confusion. That's something I was getting used to here. Stone faced people with no more intention to help you as they have intention to walk in front of a bus. she looks so vulnerable and it's getting dark Harry.

What was I supposed to do? take her to the police... naaaa. I had no idea where the police station was and to be honest I was curious. I didn't want to let this one bit of interest in my day vanish that quickly. oh no Harry.

"How do you know my name? chair?" I asked... what was she on about?

she sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes.

"um probably best not to" I said, glancing at the chair that she had just asked to sleep on, trying not to offend her miss judgment of a fitting place to have a nap. "why don't you just walk home ... I could walk you there, where'd you live? " I looked directly in her eyes now to try and gauge her mental state.

"I live in ummm" she had an unusual accent "I" she sighed "I dunno " .

stranger danger harry .... oh forget it you're 20 man! she's all alone.

I sighed heavily.

"well I'm sorry love" I breathe out trying to be friendly. " I can't help you if you don't know" .

I thought for a moment ,I couldn't leave her out here, it was almost three in the morning, the streets would soon empty into the stillness of night where no one could help her.

"I lost the tickets and the keys and now Lyn will be angry and I won't feed the cats in the morning or make the coffee and the crumpets an-"

"slow down" I chuckled interrupting her. I'd unlocked my bike by this point. "who's Lyn? " .

"Lyn?" she mumbled "Lyn! you know Lyn? let's go to her!" she exclaimed.

Lyn is her mum or something so she'll be safer there, at home, and she seems to know where Lyn is, should I leave now? or should I walk her home?

"so you know where Lyn is?" I ask as she slowly nods while blinking.

"aha" she agrees. turning and walking down the street.I followed behind her quickly catching up while pushing my bike.

"so what's your name?" I asked attempting to make small talk.

"The one and only brilliant" she paused in some sort of suspense blinking slowly "Connie Turner" she yelled "from Yeovil, Somerset my dear and you are Harry from "she paused "Tesco?" Looking at my all too prominent name tag.