Chapter 4: On the Road

(Dahlia's POV)

I was dazed as I clumsily slumped onto my patched, ivy green couch. Just three days ago, I'd just been an excited fangirl who was on her way to a concert. Now, I was the slightly heartbroken girlfriend of Andy Biersack. I would not see him for another year, if not longer.

Suddenly, my phone beeped, signaling that I had an incoming text message. I fished it out of my back pocket and checked it. 

"I miss you already, babe." it read. It was from Andy obviously. I smiled and I couldn't help blush a tiny bit. I combed my brain for a sweet response. 

"Already? Wow. I miss you, too. I miss your voice." I texted back after a few moments. I mentally slapped myself. My reply seemed so childish and immature next to Andy's simple and mature one. I hoped he didn't judge me too harshly. His message came back not even a minute later.

"Maybe I should take you with us on the road next time." I gave a small shriek of happiness. Go on tour with Black Veil Brides? That was, like, my life's dream! 

"A girl can only hope." I replied, praising myself with how controlled and calm it sounded. Not at all like my true reaction of screaming and fangirling. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ashley's POV)

I glared enviously at Andy, who was relaxing on the bench opposite of mine. He had his phone out, texting Dahlia. He smiled often and laughed quietly occasionally. He didn't read the texts aloud, making me wonder what Dahlia was saying and why she was making Andy react so happily. I wished with my whole being that I was the one talking to her, making her laugh while Andy watched me with glaring eyes. 

"Hey, guys! I have an idea!" Andy shouted suddenly. I shook myself awake and I looked through Andy's mind, looking for the idea. 

CC, Jake, and Jinxx walked in from the bunk room. CC was watching me with careful eyes, as if ready to calm me with his gift. Jake's eyes were unfocused, probably watching his fiancee's, Ella's, future. His snapped back into focus as he looked at Andy. Jinxx, with his face devoid of any emotion, watched both me and Andy.

CC spoke first. "Go ahead, man. Are we going hunting soon? I'm thirsty."

His words reminded me of the fierce burning in my throat that could not be soothed with even the coldest water. It was a very small price to pay for immortality, but it was a very annoying price. It meant that we were constant dangers in this world that was dominated with warm, succulent mortals and furry walking blood bags which were animals. 

"Let's bring Dahlia on the road with us! You all seem to like her and I already miss her! So let's bring her with us on the road and she could live with us and everything!" Andy suggested in excited tones. 

Jake was the first to voice his opinions. "Andy, I know she's your mate. She's also the imprintee of Ashley, which would cause you two to fight more than usual. Plus she's still a mortal, which endangers her. We have CC and Ashley who can barely control their own thirsts. You and her would obviously have to share a bunk and you could injure her."

CC gave a loud laugh. "Dahlia seems to be up for the challenge of living with five bloodthirsty vampires. And a chick on the road with us. Wow."

Jinxx sat next to Andy, his face sympathetic. "Andy, we know you're going to miss her, but would you rather her be safe at her home or here with us, constantly in danger of being killed? You wouldn't want her to end up like Sammi."

With his words, the whole bus seemed silent, even the oblivious bus driver and our manager. Nobody needed to be reminded of what had happened to Jinxx's mate, Sammi Doll. She had been so beautiful and what had happened to her was too terrible to talk about. She would've been a whole lot better if she had stayed at home and pined for him instead of taking the risk of living with us for a whole year. 

CC looked depressed and somber. It was his fault that Sammi was how she was now. It was his own unsatiated thirst that made Sammi a monster, an empty shell. A horrible image of Dahlia, bloody and with empty eyes, creeped into my mind. 

"Not a chance. She's not coming on tour with us. I care about her too much," I stated with a finality in my voice. Andy's pale eyes were focused on me, hate burning in them. 

"She's not going to end up like Sammi. She'll be fine. I'll protect her every minute possible," Andy said. 

So it was decided that Dahlia would live with us for the rest of the tour. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dahlia's POV)

It was night when Andy's fateful text arrived. It was simple and short, but I could feel the excitement radiating from those words.

Pack your bags, baby. You're coming on the tour with us. Meet us tommorow outside of Seattle.