Regrets Part I

Memories are hard to forget, caring for someone is hard to regret, losing someone is hard to accept, but even with all the hurt I've felt, letting go and moving on is the most painful yet..”

-Cheema

I look at Damon in fear before going to run away. But he catches my arm and pulls me back.

"Hey, hey. It's ok.." He soothes but I just look at him with sad eyes.

"No, its not Damon. None of it is ok." I say, tears welling up in my eyes. "Because even though I have feelings for you, he is still my husband and that heartache is still with me."

He looks at me with hurt in his eyes, "Well.. Ok then." After that he just walks away.

"Wait, Damon! Please, you have to understand.." I call but he just ignores me.

Tears well in my eyes and I wipe them away in frustration. I'm sick and tired of crying, I need to be stronger than this.

****

As I am walking out of the mansion, I'm stopped by Tyler.

"Aunt Elsa, wait. I need to tell you som-" He starts to stay before I cut him off.

"I know Ty. He's here.." I mumble, pushing away the tears that so desperately wanna fall. He sees through my facade and yanks me into a hug.

"I'm sorry Aunt Elsa. I'm sorry.." He tells me before pulling away. I send him a sweet smile and kiss his forehead like I did when he was younger.

"Don't be hotshot. Its not your fault. You have enough to worry about, don't worry about me.. Ok? Your cousin and I will be just fine. Won't we little guy?" I coo, rubbing my stomach.

Tyler laughs before gesturing to my stomach and I nod in reply. He places his hand on my stomach before we both look at each other with wide eyes.

"He kicked! Oh wow, he kicked.." I exclaim, tears of happiness welling up. Tyler laughs in excitement before Carol comes over and interrupts.

She pushes Tyler out of the way, "Move Tyler.. Let me feel. Aww, hey there little guy. I can't wait to meet you. Yes, I can't wait." Tyler and I stare at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Oh hush, would you?" But soon she laughs along with us.

"Well, I'm tired guys so I'm gonna head out ok?" I say to them, and in reply they nod before hugging me goodbye. As I am walking away I hear my name being called, again.

"Elsa! Elsa, wait. I need to talk to you." Elena pants, pulling me along with her to the backyard.

I sigh and follow, "Alright, alright. Slow down, pregnant remember?"

Tyler's POV

I sit and take a sip from my flask. Looking up as I hear footsteps, I see Jeremy Gilbert walk into the room.

"Sorry, I was just looking for the.." He goes to stay before I interrupt.

"Bathroom is down the hall." I inform him, taking another sip of bourbon.

He walks closer and sits on the desk next to me, "Hey look... I'm sorry about your dad."

I scoff and reply, "Today has been a big day for sorries from people who don't really give a crap."

"I remember when my dad died; I had a house full of strangers telling me how a great guy he was. Anyway, I know how hard all this is."Jeremy sympathizes making me roll my eyes.

Sighing I reply, "The difference is in your case it was true. My dad was a dick."

"Yeah, yeah he was." He says, making me look at him in surprise. But then I nod, appreciating him being truthful.

I hold out the flask to him, "Found this on his desk." Seeing him about to protest, "He won't mind, he's dead."

"Yeah, you know what, sure." He gives in, unscrewing the cap. But before he could drink from it Mason walks in. Simultaneously, Jeremy and I roll our eyes.

"Hey, what's going on here Tyler?" Mason questions.

I sigh and reply, "Nothing, nothing.." Before going off into my own world and sipping from my flask. I watch as Jeremy glares at him making me smirk.

"You don't have somewhere else to be?" Mason asks, raising an eyebrow. Jeremy rolls his eyes before stalking out of the room.

Mason scoffs, "Punk.."

I shake my head and look at him, "Don't act like he doesn't have a right to act like that.." My uncle looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh come on, don't play stupid with me."

"Look Tyler, its complicated." He tries to make excuses.

"No, its really not. You cheated and you left. You left Elsa alone and pre.. You know what never mind." I snap, before walking out of the room. As I stalk down the hall, I bump into Elsa.

"Aunt Elsa, how can you be fine after what he did to you? Don't you regret being with him?" I ask, confused at how fine she seems to be.

Regular POV

I stare at Tyler for a few seconds as I am surprised by his sudden appearance and question. As I process what he says, I sigh and sit down, exhausted from the events that occurred.

"I have learned that life is full of love but it is also full of pain. It hurts, believe me it hurts. But I can't say I regret ever being with him. Because I have learned and I have loved. And he has given me the greatest gift I could ever ask for. My baby boy. I try not to hold onto things because in the end the only regret that I'll have is not forgiving the person who hurt me. I forgive, but never forget. And love with no regrets.."

He stares at me before hugging me tight, "You're so strong Elsa.. I can see how much pain your holding inside. I can also see how exhausted you are.. Go home. Its not healthy to be so stressed when your pregnant." I pull back and cup his cheek.

"You're such a good kid Ty.. I'm proud of you." I whisper, giving him a gentle smile before walking out to my car.

Ready to forget this day and dreading the day I have to face Mason..

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter wasn't my best and was a little all over the place buuut I tried. That has to count for something right? No? Okay.

Poor Elsa, right? And a certain Mr. Salvatore could be a bit more understanding... Don't you think?

Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter! Don't forget to comment below! Bye guys! xx