Chapter 6: Schedule Changes

~Carmen Silvers Point Of View~

"Carmen" a familiar voice said, and I turned around to see Alex smiling at me. Or rather, smiling over my shoulder. I scrutinized him for a moment.

"Hi, Alex " I said uncertainly, not quite sure how to act around him. He was a vampire after all, and the only vampire I've ever been around was Austin so I was unsure what to do or say around Alex

"You're early," he commented, putting his hand under my elbow as he guided me inside Mr. Tanner's music room.

It was Monday morning, the first day back at school. Almost as soon as I woke up this morning Austin had left, not before giving me another heart pounding kiss though.

I shrugged, "I wasn't quite sure what time the meeting started at so I figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure it hadn't started already."

He grinned briefly, "Jake!" he called, and a boy with brown hair and green eyes turned to face me. "This is Carmen, your replacement singer." Blake said, "Carmen this is Jake, he'll be playing the guitar while you both sing."

"Hey," Jake said, smiling at me.

"Hi," I said shyly, looking down at my feet.

"Carmen!" another voice said and I turned to see Mr. Tanner behind me, grinning. "I trust you had a nice, relaxing vacation?"

I struggled to keep the smile on my face; being kidnapped and nearly killed wasn't my idea of a nice, relaxing vacation. And the parts with Austin were far from 'nice' and 'relaxing' they were 'freakin' amazing' and 'exciting.'

"It was pretty good," I said instead while Blake chuckled.

"Good!" Mr. Tanner said cheerily, "Feel free to take a seat; the meeting should be starting in a few minutes."

I nodded and pulled myself up onto one of the desks while Jake sat on the desk next to mine and Alex leaned against the one in front of me.

"So...do you have a boyfriend?" Jake asked casually.

I blinked in surprise, "What?"

Jake chuckled, "Do you have a boyfriend?" he repeated.

Alex sighed, putting a hand over his eyes as he shook his head.

"Um...." I had no clue what to say to that. "Why?"

Jake nodded at me, "Well, I was just wondering where you got that love bite of yours."

My eyes flashed open and I immediately clapped a hand over the left side of my neck. I had totally forgotten about my hickey! My cheeks darkened and I moved my hair so it covered most of the left part of my neck.

"So, did your boyfriend give you that or just a random guy?" Jake prodded, looking amused.

"Jake, I don't think she needs to be bothered by you at this early hour of the morning," Alex said, shaking his head at Jake. "Besides, she's smart. She'd know better than to hook up with you."

Jake pretended to look hurt for a moment, "I wasn't asking so I could come on to her or something; I just got back with my girlfriend over Christmas break and there is no way in Hell I'm screwing that up again."

"Alright everybody, listen up please!" Mr. Tanner called, cutting off what ever Alex was going to say. The meeting started and he went over all the practice times with us and stuff with us before we were finally allowed to leave. And as we were leaving he told us there was an assembly first period concerning the schedule change.

I walked out with Jake on one side and Alex on the other. "What schedule change?" I asked, confused.

"First semester you have one set of courses while second semester some of your courses change so you get different ones," Jake explained.