Chapter 1- Boarding

A/N: Ok, just a little note. You may want to skip all the way to Chapter 3 on this one. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are just about how Lucy and Jennifer get to Oregon and all that stuff. So, I recommend skipping to Chapter 3.

"Boarding passes, please." The woman on the front desk asked. She had hazel eyes and dark-brown hair tied up in a bun. Her skin was pale mixed with grey. She almost sorta looked like mom- I mean a complete total stranger.

Then I noticed that I was still standing there. Looking like a kid waiting in line for ice cream. "U-Uh, right." I shuddered and turned to my little sister, Lucy who was sitting near a garbage can. And... Talking with it? "Lucy," I called. "You can give me your boarding pass now."

She crossed her arms and scowled. "Why Jennifer? Can't you see that I'm talking to Mr. Garbage Can right now! He is a very interesting can." I rolled my eyes.

"Lucy, we have to go! Or else, we'll be late for our flight. Now give me your boarding pass!" She grunted and stood up with the pass in her hand. Lucy almost tripped as she made her way to the front desk.

"Here you go. What else do you need, sister?" I grabbed the pass out of her hands and handed it to the lady. "Nothing," I said without looking at her. "All I need is for you to stay put."

"And where are you heading to, m'am?" The lady asked, giving back our boarding passes after examining them. "Gravity Falls, Oregon." I replied, putting the boarding passes in my suitcase.

"Well now, you have yourself a a great flight. You're gonna have to wait at Gate 19. The flight is boarding in about an hour. Have a safe one!" She smiled. I smiled and waved back. "Thanks, you too- I mean, bye!"

I covered my mouth after saying that. Those was some weird words coming out of my mouth. I looked behind me to make sure that Lucy was following me, she was... But looking more depressed as ever. I had to be honest though, she was adorable. Even for an annoying 6 year-old.

"Why the glum face, kiddo?" I leaned my arm on the suitcase. She frowned and looked up on me. "Mr. Garbage Can is not my friend anymore. He has a new friend, Mr. Banana Peel. He is way dirtier than me." I tried to hold in my laughter. Dirtier? Ok, that just sounded wrong.

"Aww, that's okay Lucy. Maybe you'll find a new friend in Oregon. Besides, there's plenty of wildlife around there. That means that's where most of the animals are." Her face lightened up. "Did you say animals? Like Parrots and Gorillas and Monkeys and Birds..." She kept going on until she couldn't think of anything anymore.

A few minutes later, after going through all the boring examinations and x-rays, we finally made it to the gate we needed to be in. There wasn't much people entering. Which was strange since the other gates were packed with people. Except for this one.

Maybe Oregon was boring. Which made me worry. What if I have a boring summer? I thought. Will it be the best summer I've hoped for? That's when I heard a voice.

"Pst. Are you going to Oregon?" It whispered. It was coming from the gate next to us. Gate 20, going to Orlando Florida. It's a nice place. Disney World was fun. I spun around to see a guy with shaggy brown hair, a red hoodie, blue jeans, and black converse.

I checked on Lucy first before I made any sudden movements. She was playing with the unicorn we packed in the suitcase yesterday, singing the ABC song. Yep. She was good.

"Yeah, what do you want?" I replied. The guy nodded his head. "Which part?" He asked, getting more specific. I bit my lip. Should I be doing this!? "Gravity Falls." I blurted out-loud.

The man covered his mouth and gasped. "That- Gravity Falls?" He muttered. I nodded my head. "Yes, do you have a problem with that?" "Yeah man, that place is like, cursed or something. I've seen things, you know."

I rolled my eyes. "Pft. Yeah right. Listen, if that town was REALLY cursed, my parents would've told my sister and I about it. And did they? No." I frowned not making eye contact with him. "At least I hope they would." I muttered under my breath.

"Gate 19 is now ready for we boarding. Please have your boarding passes ready." The announcer spoke. I shrugged. "Well it was nice meeting you, bye!" I waved slightly.

"Come on Lucy, let's go." I picked up Lucy and rolled the suitcase. "Fuzzy animals, here I come!" Lucy shouted. I grinned and laughed. She is just too cute.