{Chapter 18}

I opened my eyes and saw Dane carrying me. I turned to my right and saw Sebastian carrying Ciel. Jade and Jenny were next to us. I groaned. "You're awake, my lady." Dane said. I nodded. The sun was setting. "Sunset?" I asked. Dane responded with a smile. "Sebastian..." I heard Ciel grumble. I gave a giggle. "What a day that was..." I said, smiling. Ciel rubbed his eyes and looked at me. "Lady... Ruby?" He looked around. "Where are we?" He asked. I laughed. "On our butlers." I responded. Everyone suddenly stopped. "We should be more careful around these parts of the woods." Dane said. Jenny and Jade gave a nod and they both headed off. Dane transformed into a grey wolf, way smaller than his original form but a bit bigger than a normal wolf. Sebastian placed Ciel behind me and started running with Dane. Ciel hung onto me when Dane picked up on speed. I loved riding Dane so much that I turned backwards and sat. Dane abruptly stops, causing Ciel to crash into me. He hit my head with his own and knocked me down. When I opened my eyes, I saw Ciel laying over me which caused me to blush. He blushed as well. Dane gave a laugh that sounded like a wolf coughing. I rolled my eyes.

|time skip|

Dane stopped when we reached a glade. A small stream ran through it. I slid down from Dane and ran next to the water. Ciel had to get Sebastian to help him. I grabbed a flower that was floating in the stream, then another, and another. I crushed them and let the petals flow with the water. Ciel laid down on the grass, watching the starry sky. I went and joined him. "What a beautiful night..." I said. "What do you mean? This night looks exactly like last night." I rolled my eyes. "At least try to be a bit positive..." Ciel raised a brow.

|Sebastian's POV|

I sat next to the wolf and watched the young master with lady Ruby. "How is it that lady Ruby can smile so charmingly after her experience and problems?" I mumbled. "She has a will to." Dane's echoing voice said. "My young lord has forgotten how to smile." I told him. "Really?" He asked me, pointing to the smiling young master. I was a bit shocked. Young master... smiled... happily. "Pain can be abandoned if it's replaced." Dane said. "Why would a demon like you be so kind?" I asked. Dane looked up to the sky. "Not all demons act like one... I guess you could say that meeting the mistress has changed me." He turned away and let out a growling sound of laughter. "How foolish of me. A single little, defenseless girl changed the way I think just because I think she's different..." Dane gave a low, growling bark. " I never wanted this contract to be completed..." he said, ashamed of himself. I found myself deep in thought.

|Ciel's POV|

I looked at lady Ruby and for the first time, I smiled with joy. I actually laughed and had a bit of fun. Why do I feel this way when I'm around Ruby? I couldn't help but release all my stress and crack out of my shell when I'm around her.