Chapter 2: Still T.J.

I laid awake in the room the Killjoys have given me and sighed, thinking about this afternoon. After I had told Kobra and Ghoul my dad’s name, Ghoul had nearly killed me. Party had pulled him off of me and I would have killed him but Kobra was holding onto my upper arms. The moment Kobra had grasped my arms; a tingling sensation ran through my body. Now he was avoiding me. Which meant he felt it to? No he can’t have. Maybe he was jealous about me being a better mechanic than him and he hated me for it. I rolled over and gazed out at the moonlight. I slowly sat up and crawled over to the window. I glanced out and saw three guys. I gasped and ducked back down. I glanced back up and saw that they had the weird masks on like the ones the Dracs had on when they attacked me. I slid over to the curtain and sat in front of it. My door slightly opened and a dark figure crawled in. I held my breath and the figure cursed. I noticed that the figure began to look around. A soft wind blew in through the open widow and the curtain near me rustled. My eyes widened as the light flowed onto my arm and my mouth was suddenly covered by a gloved hand.

“Shh,” whispered a familiar male voice. “It’s me. Party Poison.”

I exhaled the breath I had been holding and he removed his hand.

“What are the Dracs doing here?” I whispered back.

“I don’t know,” he whispered. “They have never come this close to our hideout before.”

My eyes widened and he grasped my hand, pulling me towards my door. I crawled behind him and he lead me to the kitchen but before I could make it into the kitchen, something grasped my ankles. I screamed and was being dragged away forcefully from the Killjoys. I tried to twist around but ended up hurting my ankles. I grabbed hold of the first thing I could find – the booth chair leg. I held on tight and the sound of a ray gun was fired. My legs fell to the ground and I glanced over my shoulder. The Drac was on the ground, dead. I scrambled away and stared at the Drac, gulping. I felt hands on my shoulders and turned around to see Party Poison. I slowly stood up and clenched my jaw.

“What do we do now?” asked Jet.

“I don’t think we should stay here,” replied Party Poison.

“I need to make sure mum is okay,” I blurted out. “Can I please call-?”

I was cut off when my phone rang. I quickly looked at the caller ID and gasped.

“Jack?” I said.

“Hey,” he replied. “Why haven’t you been at school for the last couple of days?”

“Um,” I said and turned away. “I can’t exactly – Hey!”

Ghoul had snatched my phone away and snapped it shut.

“Why did you do that?” I shouted.

“Do NOT make any sort of contact with your friends or family,” he snapped.

“That does so NOT give you the right to snatch my things,” I snapped back.

He turned to Party Poison.

“Can I destroy her phone?” he asked.

“If you do,” I threatened, crossing my arms over my chest, “I will destroy your face.”

Party sighed and held out his hand. Ghoul gave him the phone and Party shoved it into his pocket. I groaned. I was never getting that back.

I stared out the dusty window of the car and sighed. I seriously hated Ghoul right now. The whole time since we left the Diner, he hadn’t stopped glaring at me.

“What is your problem?” I hissed at him.

“You are my problem,” he answered back and turned to the front.