Chapter 31

I looked around Kawaii~Chan's house, and tried to remember what Lola had told me. "If she is sleeping, check on her every fifteen minutes." She had said. I walked up the stairs, as quietly as possible, and opened the door softly. I peeked inside, and saw a sleeping Nicolette~Tan. Then I went down stairs. "When she sleeps you could read a book, work on your knitting, or see if the dishes need doing." Lola's voice reminded me. I hadn't brought a book, so that idea was out, and I really didn't feel like knitting. I looked at their sink, and saw the dishes. I walked over, and opens the cupboard beneath the sink. I grabbed the dish soap and a washcloth, and started the dishes.

"Miss Kali~Chan?" A sleeping voice startled me. I looked up from my knitting. I had finished the dishes, and now put away the blanket I had been working on. "Hello Nicolette~Tan! Did you sleep well?" "Yes I did Kali~Chan. Can I have a cookie?" I thought about that for a minute. "You can have one cookie and some milk." I said. "Ok Kali~Chan." She said before sitting down. I went over to the fridge and got the milk out. Then I went to a cupboard and pulled out two cups and two plates. I set a cookie down on each plate, then pored some milk into each glass. Then I carried the cups over to the table, set one down in front of Nicolette~Tan and one across from her. Then I grabbed the plates and set the by the glasses. Then I sat down in the seat across from Nicolette~Tan.