4

"Ok class please take out your text book and turn to page 32" Our math teacher Mr. Gomez instructs and while most of the class does as they are told I did not.

Last week I accepted a dare from Jay and Ronnie to get detention within the next week, which has turned into the next two days. If I fail the dare then I have to drink a chocolate milkshake made in Jay's mouth.

Repeat: Made in Jay's mouth.

Meaning he would pour milk and chocolate syrup in his mouth and swirl it around, spit it in a glass and force me to drink it.

What Ronnie sees in that boy is beyond me.

"Miss Lucas please turn to page 32" Mr. Gomez instructs me and I shake my head.

"Excuse me?" He asks and I start to sweat, all eyes are on me.

"Page 32 is geometry right?" I manage to get out.

"That's correct, how is that relevant?" He asks and I swallow hard to get out what I had to say next.

I didn't want detention and certainly not from Mr. Gomez but he's the most strict teacher and hands out detention slips like it's cash and he's rich, and I do not want to drink a milkshake mixed with Jay's saliva.

"Geometry is s-stupid" I say cursing myself for that stutter.

"Excuse me young lady?" I could tell he was getting at the end of his rope with me so I decided to push him overboard.

"Where in my life will I need to know the area of a triangle? Geometry is dumb and irrelevant to my life. I shouldn't have to make space in my brain for something I am never going to use Mr. Gomez" I say mustering up the sass to smirk.

"You know I had your dad as one of my students all those many years ago and I honestly thought that you were different, he was a pain in my ass and I never thought you would be as well" He says shaking his head as if he was disappointed in me.

My dad was a bit of a troublemaker in high school or so I've heard from my aunt Jamie and my uncle Brian and actually my dad himself.

"Detention" He says ripping off a pink slip. I walk up to his desk and take it before going back to my seat and still not opening my book.

I would've if it were not for his sly comment about my dad, if he wants to see what a Lucas trouble maker looks like I would show him. It wouldn't be hard to descend into being a bad girl I mean it did run through my veins.

It was then that I decided that I would prank Mr. Gomez so he would never forget to watch how he spoke to a Lucas about a Lucas, not just for me but for the entire next generations of Lucas's coming from me and my cousins Hayden and Haylee.

Not twins but only a year apart.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Ronnie whispered to me.

"Get out your big book of pranks and bring it to my house after school, shits about to get real" I smirk.

"Miss Lucas, please take out your math book" Mr. Gomez snaps.

"I already told you no old man" I say standing up from my seat.

"Miss Lucas I suggest you watch your tone or else you are going to get much worse than detention" I didn't like the way he said that as if it had some underlying meaning to it.

It gave me chills and I guess I wasn't the only one "You can't talk to her like that" I looked behind me and Ryder, Ronnie's older brother was standing up as well.

"Oh really Mister Cameron? I think that my student is disrespecting me and I can do whatever I want"

"You're wrong" Ryder glares and Mr. Gomez.

"You just bought yourself detention Mister Cameron" Mr. Gomez says ripping off the pink slip.

"Whatever creep" Ryder says snatching the slip from him and walking out of the classroom.

I follow him out "Ryder!" I call after him and he turns around and waits for me to catch up.

"I'm sorry I got you in trouble back there" I say and he smiles.

"You didn't get me in trouble, he's a dick" Ryder smirks.

"So where are you off to?" I ask.

"Practice" He shrugs.

"Ryder you're suspended" I deadpan.

Ryder got suspended from the football team because he got too many detentions, he's kind of the school bad boy. Always fighting, mouthing off to teachers, sleeping around yet if people took the time to get to know him they would know that he's actually sweet and misunderstood.

"I know but I'm sure that coach won't mind if I show up" He turn to me and smiles.

"I've gotta go get changed into uniform, hopefully coach just won't notice me, are you going to be ok?" He asked.

"Of course, I wanted to ditch anyway. Tell Jay and Ronnie I went to the mall" I tell him and he nods.

I walked out of the school and made it around the back where the fields were, I saw the football players practicing along with the cheerleaders and the soccer players. I walked up the bleachers where Jay keeps his backpack and fished the keys out of them.

I was only planning to ditch first and second period so it wasn't a big deal to take his car, I've done it plenty of times before.

I made my way back to the front of the school and to Jay's car, I climbed in and drove off to the mall.

I wasn't ditching in vain no way, I was going to buy supplies for the biggest prank ever and it had Mr. Gomez's name all over it.