accidental kiss (ethan)

"Thanks. You're the bestest best friend in the whole wide world."

Friend. That's the word Ethan used to describe you. You have had a massive crush on him since the day you met.

At some point, you actually thought he had feelings for you as well. He would hug you, go over to your house as much as possible, and he even got jealous over guys talking to you.

But he had proved you wrong when he asked for your help asking a girl out. He needed you to bring some candles and other ish to set the mood.

You reanalyzed your thoughts. He hugged you and came over because that's what best friends do. He got jealous because you were like a little sister to him, not because he liked you back.

You went to the store and picked out the best smelling candles you could find. If you couldn't have him, the least you could do was help him be happy.

You decided to buy a bouquet of roses for a nice touch. You took out some cash to pay and greeted the cashier.

******

"Thanks for buying them. I have no idea how to pick out candles." He extended his arms and hugged you. Suddenly, you didn't want him to let go, you felt safe.

He likes you as a friend, that's all.

You reminded yourself and pulled away.

"No problem. I also bought some roses, so what did you cook?" You sighed.

"About that... I didn't. Well more like I can't." He laughed at his inability to cook.

"What about pizza?"

He shook his head. "I want it to be special."

You nodded. "I can help."

You had decided to cook some spaghetti and made your way into his kitchen, him following close behind.

"When is the lucky girl supposed to arrive?"

"Uhh.. I'm not sure." He shrugged, you started to wonder if there was even an actual other girl.

What if he actually like you, and this was his way of showing it?

He was acting rather strange... and he didn't even know when 'she' was going to arrive.

You decided to do some digging. "What's her name?"

He hesitated before answering, "...Well actually about that- is the spaghetti ready?"

He changed the subject and you remembered that you had to get the sauce ready.

•••••

In a matter of minutes, the food was ready and the table was set,but the kitchen was still a mess.

"You have a bit of sauce on your cheek." Ethan leaned in and wiped the sauce off you cheek with his thumb.

You had gotten lost in his eyes and realized he was leaning closer to you, so you planted your lips on his.

"Ethan?" Ethan stumbled back as the girl he had planned the date for arrived.

"What- what was that for?" He looked at you with a confused look.

Your head started spinning. He had planned a date for a girl- an actual girl. He wasn't in love with you, he loved someone else.

You removed the apron he had lent you. "Sorry, it was all my fault. I didn't know what I was doing." You turned to the girl standing at the door.

"He really likes you. I'm sorry." You said leaving a confused Ethan behind.