First Night with a Child

Grayson-

"Go to sleep, Syd." Grayson speaks quietly as he holds his 3 day old daughter in his arms. You and Grayson arrived back home this morning after an exhausting hospital stay. Your child gazed up at his face and made occasional grunting noises. She ended up falling asleep so you placed her into the bassinet at the side of your bed.

"So beautiful." You say while the two of you look over the newborn. She slept soundly for about 45 minutes until she'd wake up crying. First you guys tried feeding her, then changing her diaper, and then just comforting her. She wouldnt stop. You and Gray moved room to room, trying to make her comfortable. This went on for an hour until she finally fell asleep. This time she slept about 3 hours and then woke up to be fed. You get it, you wanna eat every 2 hours too. Grayson and you took shifts where one of you slept while the other took care of her. It was exhausting but you two would do anything for your child.

Ethan-

After a prolonged hospital stay, you were finally taking your son home with the love of your life. Ben was born almost two months ago but he had some health problems which kept him in the ICU. You and Ethan had to go home each night, without your child.

The first thing you do is sit in Ben's room while he sleeps in his crib.

"I'm gonna go get a bottle ready, he'll probably wake up soon." Ethan says and I nod. Every day we got nurses reports saying what times he ate and slept so we have a nice idea of his schedule. While Ethan was gone Ben did wake up, and was being very grumpy.

"Daddy's bringing food." I say as he grabs at my face and makes various grunts. "Alright, feed the beast."

I hand Ben over to Ethan and he sits down. Ben lets out another odd sound and then gladly wraps his lips around the bottle.

"This is what we did it for." I smile and look at the two of them. "I love you guys."