Chapter 3 Dinner Party with the Devil

"Rosalie! The guests will be here any minute!"
"Coming, mum!" I shouted, rolling my eyes but beaming at the silver locket she gave me earlier. After ordering me to be the perfect hostess, she and I shared a tender moment, in which she gave me our family's heirloom locket.
I came downstairs after making sure my braid wasn't too messy and stood at the door to greet our guests.
Pansy stood between Perseus and his latest mistress; her mother had died during childbirth. She shot me a glare, and I smiled rather painfully at the girl who led to the breaking of my heart.
Yes, Pansy was the girl with whom Draco had cheated on me. Shocker, right? Please, note the sarcasm.
Anywho, tension was in the air as we sat across from each other for dinner. When the succulent cucumber and avocado soup came out, Pansy sneered.
"You people eat this? It looks ghastly!" She said. "I'd rather go hungry!"
"Now now, Pansy. Behave. We are here as guests." Mr. Parkinson spoke up. "Do try the soup, its absolutely marvelous!"
She scoffed and slurped a bit before gagging.
"It's awful, Daddy! I can't eat this!"
Mum gave me a look. I sighed before speaking up.
"We have some clam chowder in the kitchen, if you'd like that instead, Pansy."
She gave me a wicked grin. "Oh, yes please. Be a dear and fetch me some?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice.
"Of course. After all, a girl's got to eat." I mimicked her tone perfectly before going to the kitchen for two bowls of chowder.
When I returned, the bowls of soup had been cleared, including mine. This is why I brought two bowls.
"Rosalie, you silly girl. Can't you see we've moved on to the salad course? Remove those bowls!" Pansy giggled.
I fought the urge to roll my eyes and called Nelly.
"Yes, mistress?" She said, bowing.
"Oh, Nelly, dear, would you please put these bowls back? We won't be needing them."
She smiled and bowed before leaving with the bowls, and I sat down in front of my spring greens salad. It was topped with champagne poached pears, candied walnuts, goat cheese, and honey vinaigrette.
"Is this- is this supposed to be sweet?" Pansy practically shrieked, interrupting the conversation that was going on amongst the men. Her father shot her a glare, and my father was suppressing a smirk.
"Yes, Pansy. It's honey vinaigrette and champagne poached pears with candied walnuts and goat cheese. I made it myself." I said proudly.
"Well, no wonder it's-" she began, but her stepmother interrupted her.
"It's absolutely marvelous, Rosalie. I must get the recipe from you!" She said quietly before shooting a glare towards the demon who was sitting in front of me.
After an awkward silence, the main course replaced the salad, and we each received a healthy portion of Beef Wellington. To accompany this was mushroom duxelles with Madeira sauce, bacon wrapped asparagus, and oven roasted tomatoes.
"Oh, I'm so tired of Beef Wellington, daddy!" Oh, lord. Here we go again. "We have it at least once a week!"
"Pansy, darling, it's your favorite dish!" Her stepmother retorted, causing her to go as red as her dress. "Now, stop interrupting your father. This is a very important contract!" She snapped before turning to me. "Don't mind her,she's just cross that her boyfriend broke it off with her."
Draco isn't seeing her anymore? I thought to myself, smirking slightly. Serves her right.
Instead of looking angrier, however, Pansy paled.
"Erm, sorry, yes. Draco and I ended and I've... Not been myself." She said, hanging her head. "Rosalie, could you please show me to the powder room?"
Something is up..
"Of course." I said getting up. We left the dining area silently.
"Draco's mine." She said quietly as we approached the restroom. I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, well you see, Pansy, when people split up, it means they don't want them anymore. I split up with Draco because he's a cheating bastard. Can you guess why he split up with you?"
At this she glared.
"How dare you talk to me like that!" She snarled. "Just because he didn't want filth like you touching him doesn't mean every relationship he puts on hold is for the same circumstances."
I scoffed. "Whatever, Pansy. You want to be his tart, be my guest. I don't sink that low."
I felt the sting of her palm against my cheek.
"You'll regret that someday." She hissed. "Mark my words."
"I will never regret telling the truth." I stated calmly and walked back to the table.
"Rosalie! What on earth happened?" My mum shrieked, abandoning the remnants of her dinner to fuss over my cheek.
"Nothing mum, I'm fine."
We ate chocolate fondue in silence. A small smirk was on my face. Even Pansy had nothing bad to say about the fondue.
When the Parkinson's left, Mum and Dad ambushed me in the hall and demanded to know what had happened.
"We just got in an argument, Dad. I told you I hated her. And no, I didn't hit her. I'm going to work on charms homework."
I stomped into my room and slammed the door. I got out my essay, but I couldn't concentrate, not even with music. Instead, I decided to work on the clothes for my new "shop". First, I used a permanent sticking charm on a transfigured crest that I was attempting to stick to a shirt.
Once I was satisfied with the crest on the front, I used a few charms to make the crest shimmer and the animal move. I repeated the process with each house.
By the time I had finished all of the clothes, it was nearly three in the morning.
I sighed, realizing that I wasn't going to finish my charms homework before the train ride tomorrow. I priced the shirts and sweats, along with jumpers, jerseys, and hoodies. Then, I transfigured the interior of an old chest into a display case and packed my merchandise up.
I don't even really remember getting into bed.